Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cheers and Jeers

Cheers... to possibly having our wedding featured in a Madison magazine!!! I don't know all the details yet, but our wedding photographer asked if he could pass our name along to Brava Magazine, and now I'm working on filling out a questionnaire from one of their writers. I've been running around the house for the past two days yelling, "I'M GONNA BE ON THE COVER OF A MAGAZINE!" and NavyGuy's been shaking his head and reminding me that a) the writer said nothing about the cover, and b) it's an article about us, not just the bride. We'll see about that...

Jeers... to having to work on Saturday instead of being able to visit Tally pup. I'm sending NavyGuy down without me, but with our camera (we're still negotiating the video camera, as he's terrified of being that parent), because even if I can't see her, I need reassurance that she's okay. And happy. And at the top of her class. And making friends. And brushing her teeth. (I'll be sending a checklist with him.)

Cheers... to payday today. Thank god.

Jeers... to NavyGuy's squadron. They deploy very soon, and yet they're being completely ridiculous in scheduling the guys, and leaving them absolutely no time to get any pre-deployment stuff done, or even, I don't know - see their families AT ALL. NavyGuy was one watch twice this week (which means 7am - 10pm at the squadron, no leaving), had two days of night flights, and there's no sign it'll be letting up. Way to go squadron - good job building morale before a deployment, and taking care of your own. Total bulls#$%.

Cheers... to getting my craft mojo back. It had flittered away for a bit, but with the arrival of the latest Creating Keepsakes magazine, and an invite to scrap next week with some of the Navy wives, I'm feeling artsy-fartsy-mojo-licious.

And all of you...?

3 comments:

keby March 12, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

Cheers for finding out our department go the okay to fill the empty Development editor position. I still have to apply for the job, but the publisher has told me numerous times that he doesn't see why I wouldn't get the position. Yay promotion!

Jeers to the government for witholding 33% of my bonus in taxes. I had good plans for that money!

Brooklet March 12, 2010 at 8:19 PM  

Ah the wonderful "Let's keep morale up but work these guys so much that they'll never see their families before they deploy...but really, we have to keep morale high!" attitude. That happened to us too. I have no advice or reassurance that it will get better. But I CAN offer you my ear if you feel like venting, whining, crying or screaming! I'm still angry about it happening to us and it was almost a year ago now, so I'm more than happy to listen to the venting. And I do hope it gets better for you guys...believe me, I know how much it sucks :-(.

historygirlie March 13, 2010 at 5:47 AM  

Cheers to Kitty sleeping through the night last night.

Jeers to having to totally clean out her old room to move her to the new room. I'm excited to get her in there, but you know my total and complete disdain for cleaning.

Cheers: The fog has lifted, for at least a little while! I seriously thought the Dementors had taken over the greater Fox Valley.

Jeers: to it not being quite warm enough to open the windows and air out the house. We need to get the winter stink out of the house.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP