Tuesday, December 1, 2009

DIY Moving Announcement

I'm waiting on photos of this past weekend (including me, in my Starbucks apron, working the syrups like a madwoman at 6:30 in the morning), but until they arrive, I've got a few backlogged posts to share.

First up - I never showed you what I came up with for moving announcements! NavyGuy didn't realize that I had grand plans for sending these until I showed him the final draft and asked for approval... luckily, he wisely told me they were great :)

I designed a postcard and had it printed through Zazzle.com. The front side I drew up in Microsoft PowerPoint, and it was supposed to resemble a paint chip. I through in some sarcastic fake paint color names, and ended with the color "New House Bliss." It was really simple to draw out in PowerPoint (it's just rectangles of varying shades of blue, with white letters on top).It took a few adjustments to upload it to the size Zazzle wanted for a postcard, but by the third or fourth attempt, I had the front of the postcard done, with no blank white spaces or odd borders.

Then, for the "postcard" side of the sheet, I added a basic clip art photo of a house, the cheesy "Home Sweet New Home" phrase in a cool font, and our new address! The right half of the backside was left blank so I could address them and add a stamp.

moving announcement
Total, it took about thirty minutes, a few creative brain cells, and around $40 for 50 postcards (including the shipping costs). Probably not the cheapest option out there, but I figure - we'll only live in our first house once :)

1 comments:

keby December 2, 2009 at 4:41 AM  

Very cute! You should check out VistaPrint.com for printing postcards and other fun items. I used them for our save the date cards and 200 cards cost about $15!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP