Saturday, March 13, 2010

Card Inspiration

I had originally pulled out this magazine insert to use as a make-shift bookmark as I read the latest issue of Seattle magazine. But after looking at it for a few days, I realized it was the start of a cool design for a card!
I didn't have the exact same colors, but I think it's a good example of how you can look at something with a different tilt of your head and use it to inspire some crafty goodness.


I used three flower stamps to create the background pattern, and then used Stampin' Up's blender pens to lightly color in the blue and green flowers. I stamped the blue balloon on the card, then masked it to add the green one behind. I wanted to incorporate the balloon strings in with the sentiment, but I'm not loving how it turned out. Maybe a different stamp? Anyway, crafters - have you found inspiration in an unlikely source?

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP