Thursday, March 18, 2010

Squeaky Clean

As a bribe / morale booster, the skipper gave NavyGuy's command Friday and Monday off. Which is excellent, because it means we can institute spring cleaning a few weeks early!

NavyGuy is thrilled.

Nope, that's not the word, but we'll go with it.

I am PUMPED! Friday is garage day. We're going to Lowe's to get shelving, so we can stop storing everything on the extra swivel stools stashed in the garage. NavyGuy doesn't know it yet, but I'm also going to find something to bet him over, and when he inevitably loses the bet, he'll have to mow the lawn (which has gotten way out of hand and makes our house look like it should have broken down cars and empty Blatz cans scattered about the grass).

We're also planning to get a medicine cabinet for the master bathroom (because I'm sick of digging through the Xerox paper box in the office to find bandaids or cold medicine). If there's time, the oven needs a good cleaning.

What spring cleaning task would you love to tackle? (or pay someone to deal with while you sit comfortably with a cool drink...)

3 comments:

historygirlie March 19, 2010 at 6:47 AM  

My floors need a hand and knees scrubbing, not just a mop. MAYBE it will happen this weekend....

I also need to mega clean my oven. every time i turn it on we get an odd cooking food smell from all the "stuff" on the bottom.

And Mt. Wrinkle has appeared again in my laundry room...time to tackle the mountain.

Looks like a fun weekend ahead!!!

keby March 19, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

We're moving at the end of the month, so I'm using the opportunity to get rid of all the stuff we don't use or don't have room for in our new place.

Everything at our current place needs a good cleaning. And I'm thinking of tackling a couple of DIY projects to refinish our dressers. It could happen, right?

Brooklet March 25, 2010 at 1:32 PM  

Is it necessary to pick just ONE thing that I'd love to have done for me? Personally, I'd love to hire a housekeeper, and while she cleans, I do the fun things I never have time to do. However, Mr. V is a party pooper and sees no need for that.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP