Tuesday, March 9, 2010

De - wait for it- nial

NavyGuy deploys soon. Real soon. I can't give specifics about dates due to security issues (see a great introduction to Operational Security here), but it's within spitting distance.

And I'm waaaaaaaaaaay in denial. Like, "it ain't just a river in Egypt" kind of denial. Yes, I can look at a calendar and I can understand that D-Day (Deployment Day) is coming, but I'm in a weird sort of casual-oh-it'll-be-fine-its-no-big-whoop-worrying-about-getting-the-garbage-taken-out-instead-of-the-fact-that-my-husband-will-be-gone-for-six-months kind of place. I don't know if this is my coping mechanism for the moment, and when it truly sets in that he's leaving soon, I'll have a total melt-down or what. But I'm definitely not feeling what I expected.

We still have a not teeny-tiny list of things to do, and yet, I'm sitting watching Gilmore Girls reruns. And thinking of going to bed early.

It sure is nice vacationing in Denial - wish you were here!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  March 12, 2010 at 7:50 AM  

Hey, look at that wonderful, cogent OPSEC primer. I bet some really cool blogger wrote it. *preen* ;-D [By which I mean, thank you for the link, and I'm glad someone found it useful!]

I am sure I will be joining you on your Denial vacation when it comes time for my husband's first long-term det (we do "detachments" instead of "deployments" over here in COD land). Of course, we're expecting orders for the fleet squadron within a tantalizingly short timeframe, and depending on what they are, I might be taking a short dip in the PCS version of Denial River. I'll be thinking of you and hoping that the rest of the D-Day countdown goes smoothly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP