Thursday, March 11, 2010

My family is trying to kill me.

Phone conversation with Mom this morning:

Mom: Hey - am I waking you up?

NavyGirl: Nah, I've been up for a bit. What's going on?

Mom: I have an idea.

NavyGirl: Shit.

Mom: Young lady!

NavyGirl: Your idea?

Mom: So, you know how we didn't get a chance to walk across the Golden Gate Bridge when we visited Sister last summer...

NavyGirl: Yes...

Mom: Well, we're going to visit Sister this summer and RUN across the bridge! Won't that be great!

NavyGirl: Are you drunk? Are you drunk at school at 11:30 on a Thursday morning? Did you hit your head on something?

Mom: No! C'mon! We can do it! It's only like two miles. I'm giving you 'til August to get in shape and do this. It'll be like our version of The Amazing Race!

NavyGirl: Yeah, we've talked about this. We'd be kicked off Amazing Race in the first episode for refusing to bungee jump or eat monkey brains or you know, work hard in some way.

Mom: Well, I sort of already committed us to this...

NavyGirl: What do you mean, you "committed" us to this... did you... oh no, you didn't.

Mom: I did.

NavyGirl: YOU ALREADY TOLD SISTER ABOUT THIS?!?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!


So, I guess I have until August to get my last will and testament in order. Cuz come this summer, my Sister and Mother are going to Bataan Death RUN me across the Golden Gate bridge.

5 comments:

historygirlie March 11, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

...and I've just embarassed myself by laughing like a horse out loud while my students are taking a test. This is one of the best things I've read all week.

I'm glad I'm not making the trip with you, but I also wish I was so I could videotape the Baatan run and show it to my kids during WWII unit.

Good luck with that training. :) I'm going to sit here, glad i'm pregnant and not allowed to take up running.

Anonymous,  March 11, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

You realize that while Mom committed you, she also committed herself. Enjoy that for a moment or two.

Auntie T

Mrs. Wookie March 11, 2010 at 6:34 PM  

Woohoo!! Join the running club bandwagon! You'll like. After the fact. The first couple months suuuuck for getting into shape. Believe Mommy McD and I. We must have been drunk when we signed up for a Half Marathon. Now it's about a week away and I'm excited!

C March 12, 2010 at 8:06 AM  

Yes! Love this plan.

However, food for thought - even though the bridge is only a little less than 2 miles...we'll need to get back to the car we parked (somewhat far away)...so really it's like 4.

Enjoy THAT for a moment or two ;)

Although, maybe we can beg Brother-in-Law and Lucy to drive over and wait patiently to pick us up. Or more appropriately, inch along the bridge at a snail's pace to be ready for your dramatic collapse...

Woohoo, can't wait to see you ladies!

ebs handler March 12, 2010 at 8:42 AM  

Running 1.7 miles over, and then SIL or public transport for NavyGirl back. I expect to walk the 1.7 back. I assumed you'd run back.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP