Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Puppy Tales

*Being a single parent to a puppy is exhausting. NavyGuy was gone most of yesterday, and had another flight this morning, so I was on my own with Tally. And that puppy can't be left alone for a minute! We're trying to be really diligent about her housebreaking, so we have to watch her like a hawk every second. Which basically means I haven't gotten anything done for two days. It took me twenty minutes to unload the dishwasher yesterday morning because every six seconds Tally needed to be told to stop eating the kitchen rug/fridge door/cabinet knob. I mean don't get me wrong - she was adorable doing it, attacking the mean 'ole cabinet knob like a tough girl - but seriously, I need to shower!

*Tally has mastered the stairs. She started out terrified to venture up or down any stairs in the house, but now she gets this excited look on her face and takes a running leap. It's pretty amusing - especially when she trips and slides down a step :)

11.1.09

2 comments:

Anonymous,  November 3, 2009 at 3:56 PM  

And so it begins... :) It really is good training for motherhood!

TWP

historygirlie November 3, 2009 at 6:42 PM  

I agree with TWP. You heard my double conversation tonight....enjoy it while the "baby" doesn't talk back!

PS: Kitty never pulled her pants up, and we did the nightly "Chase me with the clean diaper" game. That girl is enough to make a saint swear. But she's so cute, so we'll keep her. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP