Friday, January 8, 2010

Bits and Pieces

*The espresso machine (fancy name = Verissimo) went beserko all over itself at work today. My co-worker Jennifer was in the process of making a drink when the Verissimo started making the most god-awful grinding sound. We opened the contraption to take a look, and the beast gave a loud pop and a spark! She and I nearly had simultaneous heart attacks, and then read the message screen on the machine: piston error. Lucky for me, this all went down about eight minutes before my shift ended, so it became completely not my problem. Ah the joys of just being a minimum wage worker bee... (no, I did feel bad that I had to leave them with a Starbucks incapable of making any beverage with espresso shots... but not bad enough that I was going to stay and fight the Verissimo!)

*There was also the memorable customer who walked up to the counter, looked at the menu boards (which say Starbucks), looked at my apron (which says Starbucks), and looked at the entire coffee area (which SCREAMS Starbucks), and promptly asked in a forlorn voice, "Oh, is this Starbucks coffee?". I wanted to say no, but I was afraid that might make her stay. (Unfortunately, she stayed even after I said yes and then proceeded to bitch about Starbucks coffee during the entire transaction.)

*NavyGuy got his H1N1 vaccine yesterday, and apparently the hospital on base was also handing out anthrax vaccines like candy, so he got himself hooked up. I can't decide whether to be relieved that he's theoretically safe from an anthrax attack, or disturbed that he needs a vaccine to prevent him from a potential anthrax attack.

*Also, just in case you didn't have enough doubts about the United States Navy, let me paint you a picture... Yesterday, NavyGuy was sitting in his jet waiting to take off on a flight. Apparently, some valve on the plane wasn't working. So the mechanics were called in to trouble shoot. And their solution? Bang on the valve with a broom stick. Yup. A broom stick. Isn't it nice to know your tax dollars are being spent wisely?

*I will be completely unreachable between the hours of 11am and 1pm tomorrow. UNreachable. The world can end around me, and I will still be relaxing at the spa getting a massage. No, seriously, not a metaphor - I have a massage tomorrow! NavyGuy's parents got me a spa gift certificate for my birthday last year and I'm finally getting around to using it. And it's gonna be legendary.

*Tally pup also has a big day tomorrow. In anticipation of NavyGuy hopefully getting some time off before he deploys, we want to find a place to board Tally, so we can relax and know she's in good hands while we're gone. I found a "canine resort" that seems awesome, but they require a meeting with potential doggies ahead of time, as well as a temperament test. So Tally has to be on her best behavior tomorrow and win over the resort folk - wish her luck.

What's up with you guys? :)

3 comments:

keby January 9, 2010 at 8:18 AM  

Oh, I hate it when the espresso machine stops working. It happened to me in the middle of my shift once. We had the repair guy there with the machine completely open trying to fix it, and I kept getting bitched at by customers that they couldn't get their fancy espresso drinks. I'm glad you were able to leave quickly after it broke.

Anonymous,  January 9, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

LOVED this edition of "Bits and Pieces" - wanted to wish Tally pup good luck! She'll sweep them off their feet!! :) - SIL

historygirlie January 9, 2010 at 1:49 PM  

I'm attempting to clean up this house and finally put christmas to bed, but I would rather just lay on my bed and read a book while Kitty naps.

Oh, last night I did do something Legendary. I organized by event and year Kitty's whole life in pictures into ONE, yes ONE, picture holding box/contraption in anticipation of the scrapbook=palooza next weekend. I had a few more pictures to print, so they were just e-sent off to Walgreens, and upon receiving them, I'll organize them in with the rest of the lot.

I feel like Rocky Balboa after he creamed the Russian. or maybe Apollo Creed. (did he beat the russian? or Apollo? I dont' acutally really know, but the metaphor works) They were all scattered amongst three recipe card holders, begging to be better organized. And now it's dun. DUN! awesome. :)

Enjoy your rub down. I'm jealous. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP