Monday, January 11, 2010

Definitely the last Star Wars post for quite some time...

We've had a three-night marathon of the Star Wars flicks. As a reward for me sitting through all six hours of death star-wookiee-stormtrooper-Jabba-droid-geekery, NavyGuy came up with this guest post highlighting WHY these movies are so amazing...

The Top 10 Reasons Guys of our Generation Love the Original Star Wars Trilogy...

10. Ton-Tons: they'll keep you warm in the frigid Hoth night.

9. John Williams is a musical genius.

8. No hokey CGI animation. Instead, we get hokey latex creatures, but at least they're actually made of matter.

7. As if flying down a trench around the equator of the Death Star wasn't good enough, they fly INTO the damn thing in "Return of the Jedi."

6. Yoda (the little green guy to you non-believers) starts an entire manner of speaking by putting parts of speech in odd places in the sentence.

5. Imagine all the things an adolescent boy could do with the "Force."

4. TIE fighters, star destroyers, X-Wings, Calamari cruisers, and the Millennium Falcon. They all make noise in a vacuum somehow, but it's still cool.

3. Vader is his dad, c'mon. You can't tell me the first time you saw "Empire Strikes Back," you saw that coming at all.

2. Carrie Fischer in a steel bikini.

1. Light sabers. 'Nuff said.

5 comments:

ebs handler January 12, 2010 at 4:12 AM  

Great list, NavyGuy. I just might have to rewatch this series again. What do you think of the next three movies? Never seen any of them, but heard they aren't up to par with the original trio.

Anonymous,  January 12, 2010 at 6:31 AM  

I have a Star Wars obsessed boyfriend too. I just recently watched all of them and I didn't really see what the fuss was all about either.

It was indeed a good list never the less.

Anonymous,  January 12, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

Much to your chagrin, NavyGuy, I have never seen any of the Star Wars films! TAKE THAT!

historygirlie January 12, 2010 at 6:02 PM  

Hi Friend~

I don't get it. I just don't get it. The planet has two suns. They use lights, and they can cut through things. A big blob. A green smart thing who can't speak correctly.

Star Wars. Eh.

Maverick, will you ever speak to me again?

On a different note, I finished my first book! A book my MIL wanted me to read...so it was a bodice ripper, but it was pretty good nonetheless. Called A Distant Dream. Set in Washington DC during Tyler's presidency, and the Mexcan war in Texas. Good stuff.

Only 29 more to go.

Rearden January 12, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

Ebs Handler - They're ok, don't hold a candle to the old ones. Too much CGI, takes away from the effect.

Anon - I wouldn't call myself obsessed with Star Wars, but I do certainly enjoy a good Sci Fi flick or book now and again.

Shorebird - Well, Lance should correct that discrepancy ;)

HG - I'm well aware that there are many people who don't like Star Wars, and I certainly don't hold it against them. Congrats on the first book down, as well.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP