Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Glimpse Into My Friendship with HistoryGirlie

I found photos of HistoryGirlie and I!

Here were are doing the commentary on a History Channel documentary. We feel our insights are best shared when wearing authentic clothing from the time period. For our first special on the anniversary of women getting the right to vote, we opted for patriotic regalia from 1920. She made me wear the hat.
Oh, so many hours spent at the copy machine in the break room at school. HG always wears her best heels to work.
We didn't know each other as little girls, but I picture us as fast friends, who would have spent many an hour reading books, doing needlepoint, and retying our hair bows just so (or trying to tight-roll our jeans just so).
HG and I chaperoned Prom at the high school several years in a row. It was quite the scandal when we arrived in nearly identical dresses - with matching umbrellas! I swore I told her I was going to be working my parasol...
A casual afternoon at the bookstore. You NEVER go to the bookstore without your gloves. It's unheard of. And our Catholic mothers would have had us excommunicated. They were already horrified when they saw the great heights we'd achieved with our hairstyles.
A photo of our future. Scrunchy sunken apple faces and sensible clothing. Possibly living in some sort of craft commune on the East Coast, so we can take advantage of all the nearby historical sites for our afternoon outings.

Miss ya HG! We have to remember to take some actual photos of us the next time I'm home :)

4 comments:

historygirlie February 26, 2010 at 5:32 AM  

"Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion" ~Truvy, Steel Magnolias

Thank you for the awesome giggle this morning!!! The pictures perfectly sum up our relationship. My favorite post ever.

PS: Readers....in our childhood photo, NG is the one with the long hair....my Mum was not one for letting me grow my hair long as a kiddo and so I always looked silly with a hair bow on my bowl hair cut. AND....Mugs is the one wearing the more smart, sensible shoes in the copier shot....I seem to think it's sensible to wear my stillettos to teach the youth of America.

Miss you too, my friend! Chat soon!

Anonymous,  February 26, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

M- In the little girl photo, the one on the right actually does look creepily like you...like a depressed, sad, dirty prairie version of you. Kind of creeped me out!

TWP

Rearden February 27, 2010 at 11:43 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rearden February 27, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

Ok, at the risk of being "That Guy" I must point out that the so called "Copier Picture" is actually a punch card reader from an old school computer. Also, I liked the clever little "heights" wordplay for the "Big hair" picture outside the book store.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP