Tuesday, February 23, 2010

God I hate being sick!

Seriously, that's all I have to say. I can't even form other coherent thoughts to share with you.

NavyGuy had a cold for two days while we were traveling, and I thought I was in the clear. But then on Thursday I woke up with a sore throat, by Friday it had traveled to my nose and head, and now it's taken over my entire upper half. Coughing and schnerking and generally feeling miserable. I'm not terribly grown-up even when I'm feeling 100%, so imagine how pleasant I am when I'm less than tip-top shape... (NavyGuy has to physically restrain himself once I start the dramatic thrashing and moaning and chants of "I'mmmmm dyyyyyyyiiiiiiiing...").

My entire head feels like it could tip slightly one way or another and fall completely off my neck. Each day I've tried a different cocktail of cold medicines, chased with buckets of orange juice. Apparently, moving out West has depleted my once hearty immune system, and I'm cursed to suffer week-long colds. Ugh. Blarghy.

And worst of all is the remaining Catholic guilt in my body that's exploding with the worry that I've gotten others sick while I was home. Like my opera singing Sister-in-Law who depends on her health. Or my two-year old goddaughter who (if she's ill) will most certainly wring the remaining life out of her exhausted mother.

Anyone else suffering from any maladies or ailments?

5 comments:

historygirlie February 24, 2010 at 7:19 AM  

I stupidly had a Diet Mt. Dew and a doughnut for breakfast this morning. #2 is attempting to crawl out my throat, it's jumping so much.

That's not sickness, but It's the malady of the day. But happily I get my hair "did" tonight so I'm looking forward to that.

I want a photo and story update of FG ASAP. I love her little smile. :)

KenyaKit18 February 24, 2010 at 12:36 PM  

Haha...no worries dearie! I've been doping myself up on mucinex, airborne, and green tea so I shall fend off any sickness that comes my way! :) If your throat is still sore, try gargling with warm salt water a few times a day. Tastes gross, but works like a charm! :) Just a friendly singer-secret from me to you! Hope you start feeling better soon! :)

keby February 24, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

It seems like my gall bladder has decided to rebel and stop working properly (or at least that's the theory, tests on Friday will confirm), so besides being racked with horrible stomach pains everytime I eat, I'm also on a low-fat diet. Needless to say, I'm not a lot of fun to be around right now.

Hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous,  February 24, 2010 at 6:03 PM  

FG is still alive and kicking. Her butt is on fire and we've had some of the worst blow outs ever known to human kind...but I'm pretty sure that's not your fault!

HG: I'm ready for a Kitty update too and perhaps a belly pic of you?!?!?!?

Navywife, skip the boring stuff and get to the cute kids!

TWP

NavyGirl February 24, 2010 at 6:58 PM  

Oh I see how it is - the truth finally comes out... you people just want pictures of cute babies! :)

Glad to hear most of you are doing fairly alright (although Keby, I think you win for worst malady of the week).

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP