Monday, February 8, 2010

Oscar Watch

NavyGuy and I typically aim to see all of the Best Picture nominees before the Academy Awards. Even as movie freaks fans, we consider this a challenging task. And the now the bar has been raised, because instead of five movies, there's 10 Best Picture nominees to see!!

Here's where we are so far - the movies in bold are ones we've both seen:

1. Avatar
2. The Blind Side
3. District 9 (available on DVD)
4. An Education
5. The Hurt Locker (available on DVD)
6. Inglorious Basterds (available on DVD)
7. Precious
8. A Serious Man (out on DVD on Feb. 9)
9. Up (available on DVD)
10. Up in the Air

Halfway there. Technically speaking, NavyGuy has seen Inglorious Basterds already, so I just need to watch it some day while he's at work (we own it), and then we'll be batting 60%. I think we can do it. The Oscars are on March 7th, so we've got just less than a month. We have several factors going in our favor (one film we can rent, two of the three left are still in wide distribution), but it's going to be a challenge. However, I'm way determined. We will see all 10 movies. Bring it Academy. Bring. It. On.

Has anyone seen any of the ones we haven't? Are we going to be irked at wasting money, or happy with our use of two hours?

2 comments:

keby February 9, 2010 at 5:07 AM  

Ben and I do the same thing. So far, we're on a great pace. We've seen 7 out of the 10. I still need to see District 9 (which Ben has already seen), An Education and A Serious Man. A Serious Man is coming in the mail today (I love Netflix!) and Ben's going to buy District 9, so I think we'll be able to see all 10 nominees. I'm a little concerned about where we're going to see An Education. It doesn't seem to be playing anywhere in Chicago.

I'm not sure what's my favorite. I liked Up in the Air a lot, but the other ones have been good too.

historygirlie February 9, 2010 at 6:07 AM  

Mum saw The Blind Side this weekend, and she really liked it. I, sadly, have not seen any of them. Gulp. I"m no fun. But...I've seen just about every Elmo DVD known to man! (or, at least it feels like it somedays.... :) )

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP