Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Big Redneck Wedding

Many of you already know of my disgust with all things Southern.  If you couldn't already tell from my previous posts, I am of hearty (northern) midwest stock, and will never eat grits, wear a hoop skirt, wrestle an alligator, fly a Confederate flag, own a gun rack, or refer generally to my relatives as "kin."


That said, I do appreciate the rural South for the entertainment it gives me on a daily basis.  Today's joy comes from an article I found on a wedding blog:  Couple Marries at a Waffle House.  For those of you unfamiliar with a Waffle House, picture a "restaurant" no bigger than a college dorm room.  The food makes IHOP look like four star cuisine (though I do give props to the hash browns).  The cliental... well, I think reading the article will give you a clear picture of who you can expect to dine with if you have the unfortunate experience of needing food at 3:00 am anywhere south of Tennessee.

P.S. Check out the slide show video at the bottom (bonus points if you count the number of tattoos and cigarettes visible in the photos).

P.P.S. Whaddaya think NavyGuy?  Can't you just see me gliding down the back stairs, posing for pictures by the dumpster?  Sure would save money for the honeymoon... ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous,  July 30, 2008 at 4:40 PM  

I LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEE that the groom worked his shift at the waffle house right before the wedding. Now that's dedication!

P.S. Your goddaughter has a tooth! I can't handle it! She's growing up WAAAAYYYY too fast.

Also she is now saying "baba" "dada" and "gee gee" (Gracie)...but no mama. I'm so proud that I quit my job to stay at home and raise her and she's saying the dog's name before mine : )

ebs handler July 31, 2008 at 4:46 AM  

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!
Let's not forget about the "rings in a waffle" picture. What wedding album is complete without that! At least there was no camo!?!?!?!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP