Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Someone Needs a Job (and someone else needs to actually do work at hers)

So, my sister and I emailed 15 times today. That's not even a record for us. And, she's still at work because it's two hours earlier there... so the number could go up. And I give you... a highly productive (yes, slightly edited) conversation:

Sister: Quick question - I'm confirming with SuperCuts (name changed to protect the innocent), our stylists for the day, and they were wondering if anyone would like to do make-up as well, because they can send a make-up artist as well. It's $40 per person, which is why I was tempted to say no right away, but if anyone would like it, no problem, just let me know by the end of the day.

Me: As much as I would love to have someone do my makeup, my bank account cannot take the vanity :) I'm quite excited about the hairstyling though. T-minus 8 hours until the new Project Runway!!!

Sister: Are you around - did you see that I called?

Me: Yeah, totally forgot you had a new number. Is that your cell phone? What's up? I was in the shower, and now we're going to get some lunch soon.

Sister: No, no, just wanted to rant for 2 minutes about how SuperCuts didn't have my reservation written down, but they scrambled and fixed it, so we're good.

Me: Sugar. I would hate to be on the other end of THAT conversation. Hearing you rip the reception facility people a new a@#$^&* was scary enough!

Sister: Haha, yeah you would have heard the tail end of my rant, had you picked up the phone. Good thing, I guess! P.S. Where's the blog entry today - slacking maybe? Come on, working people need a distraction!

Me: Sigh. I haven't done anything yet today so I have nothing to blog about!!

Me (30 minutes later): Ok Miss high maintenance- the blog is updated. Happy procrastinating.

Sister: Haha, sweet! I've gotten a friend of mine hooked - she said she couldn't stop laughing after reading your weed story.

Me: Yea!!! I'm glad I'm so entertaining. I never realized that people actually thought my writing was funny. Well, enjoy the entry about ice cream - if you aren't hungry for some after reading, I haven't done my job.

Sister: Yum, I want some Ben and Jerry's cookie dough that's in my freezer right NOW. Thanks, for making getting through the work day just THAT much more difficult. ;)

Me: My god there is just no pleasing you ;) Are you getting your makeup done?

Sister: Ick. No. I want the person in all the pictures to look like ME. Which reminds me, I need to call SuperCuts back and let them know that we won't need the make-up artist...


So, 5 hours after the email began... she finally has her answer about the make-up artist :)

4 comments:

Anonymous,  July 16, 2008 at 4:32 PM  

Thanks Sis. Now the mother is REALLY going to be on my a** (that's for the Bmore friends reading) about not working at work!

Unknown July 17, 2008 at 5:36 AM  

The mother already knows about BOTH of her offspring NOT working at work. Where do you think they learned it?

Princess of Ales July 17, 2008 at 9:27 AM  

The adopted child doesn't work at work either. =)

historygirlie July 17, 2008 at 11:15 AM  

Really, M, we should talk. How much work did we get done with our preps at the same time?

Darn you, EW.com! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP