Sunday, July 13, 2008

Recipe and the "Must List"

This one goes out to my future-brother-in-law, who requested more recipes (sorry, this one doesn't involve curry).

Bruschetta Chicken Bake

This was nice and easy - I substituted low sodium Stove Top, and used fresh basil instead of dried. Served with a caesar salad and the ever popular Pillsbury crescent rolls. NavyGuy, Marine #1, and Marine #2 were all impressed and appreciative (Navy and Marine aviators train together in Pensacola). They're now pouring over charts and maps, while I decide between a rerun of The Office, or my latest wedding magazine... always a difficult choice.

I've also included my suggestions for the coming week concerning music, movies, TV, books, websites, etc. (aka, the "Must List" - way cooler than Entertainment Weekly's version).

M's Recommendations:

1. Project Runway Season 5 Premiere (Bravo) Wednesday
With challenges that never cease to amaze, and contestants that range from eccentric to certifiable, this show never fails to entertain (note for the uber fan - Bravo is showing previews of the contestants and Challenge #1 sometime on Tuesday night).

2. Freerice.com
Another excellent way to spend time at work. This website quizzes you on vocabulary words, and for every correct word - they donate 20 grains of rice through the UN World Food Program. Build a meal and your brain in one.

3. iLove the New Millenium
In the vein of the other "I Love the decade" series on VH1, now they've taken to making fun of a decade that isn't even over (or properly named). It began airing last week, but I'm fairly certain that VH1 will be rerunning the show endlessly over the coming weeks.

4. The Dark Knight (Friday, July 18th)
Heath Ledger is already getting Oscar buzz, and the trailer has been a must-see since it premiered in December 2007. Get your tickets now folks - if it's half as good as Batman Begins, it's bound to be sold out before you get in line to see it on opening night.

5. 20 Most Bizarre Celebrity Baby Names
In honor of the latest in the string of what-the-hell-were-they-thinking-baby-names (Sunday, Nahla, and Knox), check out this list of the absolute most likely to get beat up on the playground if your parent wasn't rich and famous names. (Bonus points by the way, if you can identify the parents of the three bundles of joy name checked above.)

P.S. I've decided to go with The Office rerun. In case you were wondering :)

P.P.S. Baby Name Answers...Sunday - Nicole Kidman; Nahla - Halle Berry; Knox - Angelina Jolie (the twins were born late last night - Knox and Vivienne join Maddox, Pax, Zahara, and Shiloh... why so many names that include an 'x'?).

2 comments:

historygirlie July 13, 2008 at 7:15 PM  

I have failed you. I only know that Monday is the new Kidman child. but Nahla and Knox? I should know this, but alas....I have not stayed up on my EW.com reading.

Yes, I think I"ll be in purgatory now. Too good for H*ll because of the dress, but not good enough for Heaven due to my gossip problem.

One week until you are sweet tea free! :)

historygirlie July 13, 2008 at 7:15 PM  

Oh, and I love the must lists. Keep this up!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP