Friday, September 4, 2009

Home Sweet Home: Book Nook

And here's what happens when two book nerds get married...

Book Nook

Embarrassingly, we both have books still at our parents' houses, I have several boxes of books from my classroom being stored in the garage, and there's an empty bookcase (not seen in the photo) just waiting to be filled.

Truth be told, we're thrilled about our little library; I'm not giving up hope that we can install a sliding ladder just like Belle had in Beauty and the Beast. It's a great use of the extra space off of our family room downstairs. The majority of the bookcases are from IKEA.

Like most of our house, this is a work in progress. What would you ideally add to the book nook? (Personally, I'd be jazzed if we could rig a secret hidden room that reveals itself when you pull a certain book of a shelf ;)

4 comments:

ebs handler September 5, 2009 at 6:00 AM  

Maybe move some of the "less-read/pretty" books to the hidden case to make room for small sh..-shelf stuff. A chair, lamp, small table for coffee cup. Art/framed pics on the walls. A small step stool until the Belle ladder can be installed!

Keah S September 5, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

So cool! I also dream of having the Belle library some day... yours is getting pretty close! I agree with Ma H on what you should add, but throw a large castle-style rug underneath the chair/coffee table to define your sitting area... although I bet you do your actual reading elsewhere. It would be more for show than anything. I bet you could set the mood to Beauty and the Beast via some great lighting, maybe even some paint?

You are SO LUCKY you have a house! I also have all of my books from school "in storage" and by that I mean they are sitting in reusable grocery bags and suitcases in my living room... piles of them and no where to store them! AH!

ebs handler September 5, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

So NavyWife, when are we going to Colorado to spread our design talents?

historygirlie September 6, 2009 at 12:26 PM  

a huge squishy lazyboy that rocks and has a footstool thingie built in. A place to put the popcorn bowl and a lamp. but the squishy chair is the most important.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP