Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Scrapbook Cover Page

Aside from touring Anacortes, another major purpose for TWP's visit to Washington (which, side note, I'm sure she's going to finish writing about any day now... ;)* was to start a travel scrapbook for Miss FlowerGirl herself. Girl is not even two years old and already she's been on more vacations and trips than some people take in a lifetime. FG has visited both coasts and been on three airplane flights! So, TWP had been collecting travel themed goodies and wanted my help getting the first two trips commemorated.

One of my favorite pages was the cover page TWP brainstormed. The majority of the supplies you see on the page were hers, but we fiddled with some different layouts and put the Cricut to good use cutting out the "ransom note" letters.

Cover Page

[Clearly I just discovered the text options in my photo editing software and had a field day adding descriptions.]

I love the color combinations - they're fun and whimsical, but not too little-kid-ish, because the point of the book is really so that FG can look back years from now and see all that she did before she could even walk! I never think to make a cover page for my scrapbooks; I tend to simply write the year in the front cover somewhere, but I think it makes a lot of sense to have a introduction page when you're making a thematic book.

*Note to TWP - Gotta throw the guilt trip out there just in case your mother hasn't called in the last 48 hours. I know you're swamped with internship stuff and oh, a toddler. Don't have a nervous breakdown - let's chat soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  September 3, 2009 at 6:24 AM  

Oh no. I haven't forgotten....but I was hoping you did :) It's around item 148 on my to-do list.

And also to clear the air bloggers, NavyWife is being WAY too generous is giving me credit for FG's scrapbook. I just did the grunt work while she worked her creative magic!

TWP

Anonymous,  September 3, 2009 at 6:25 AM  

P.S. Kudos to you for taking guilt to a whole new level and publishing it on the world wide web. My mother would be proud.

TWP

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP