Sunday, September 27, 2009

I Don't Ask You Guys for Much...

So, I haven't posted in a few days. The short story is that I was busy. The long story interests no one, but if you want to know, I had a crisis. A blog crisis*. See, I started reading Young House Love, a fantabulous blog, written by a husband and wife who renovated their entire house, and have since grown their blog to be a home decor internet sensation. They're funny, insightful, incredibly helpful, and focused.

Of course this is not the first good blog that I've read since starting mine, but after reading theirs non-stop for two days, I hated mine. With a passion. The passion of a thousand burning STDs. Mine seemed trivial and random and hopped from topic to topic, and generally looked amateurish. And I couldn't refurnish a coffee table like they could. How depressing.

So, for five days my blog sat empty while I pondered. And the pondering is continuing. But now I'm including you guys.

Please take three minutes and take the little survey that I created. Ideally, your input is going to help me get back on track with the blog (or realize this little experiment was cute for a year, but it's time to get back into the real world). Thanks in advance, and please be honest - the survey is anonymous... so Mom, I won't know if you admit you hate the posts with rants.

Click Here to take survey

*As always, I'm using the word crisis loosely. AIDS is a crisis. Nuclear proliferation in Iran is a crisis. This is not really a crisis, but I like the word, so I'm using it. Deal.

4 comments:

NatalieW September 27, 2009 at 10:18 PM  

Glad you're back! Don't be discouraged by the success of others. Find a way to be just as successful. You don't need to be another home deco blogger. They are now a dime a dozen. Be your own original self. Sounds cheesy, I know, but I couldn't figure out another way to say it. :)

"The passion of a thousand burning STDs." I don't think I'll ever forget the imagery that brought to mind. Ha!

ebs handler September 28, 2009 at 4:22 AM  

(I like NatalieW!) Marrying the Navy is YOU. Sure, learn from others and improve, but don't try to BE someone else. Be proud of what you have accomplished so far.

Anonymous,  September 28, 2009 at 7:23 AM  

Don't leave us! The survey had no "I read the blog 12 times a day" box. We read it because we love you and YOUR voice not because we want fancy graphics and fun giveaways. Keep writing!!!!!

TWP

historygirlie September 28, 2009 at 7:40 AM  

Whaaaaaat? No. No changing. how else am I supposed to keep up with you??? I love the blog just as it is. You need to change nothing. I'm with TWP, Natalie W, and Mom.

Why does everything always have to have such a purpose? You have a purpose, to stay in touch with us and let us live life with and through you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP