Saturday, September 5, 2009

Recipe: Penne al Fresco

We received a cool Pampered Chef dish as a wedding present, and I tested it out tonight with a recipe that came along with the dish.

I'm fairly certain you could use any microwave safe cook dish to make this recipe.

Penne al Fresco

- 4 cloves of peeled chopped garlic
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry white wine (I used a $4 bottle of chardonnay)
- 1 1/4 cups lightly packed chopped basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1. Spray whatever cooking dish you're using with non-stick cooking spray. Microwave the garlic and tomatoes on high (covered) for 2 minutes, then stir. Cook for another 3 minutes until the tomatoes have "popped."

2. Crush the tomatoes and add pasta, broth, wine, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 16-18 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.

3. Add the basil and cheese, saving a little of each for garnish if you're fancy like that.

Voila! Fancy pasta, and some leftover wine to pair with it ;) The original recipe says you can include grilled chicken, which I'm sure would also be tasty. I think I should have added more pasta to ours because there was a good amount of liquid still in the dish after cooking, but I just served it using a slotted spoon and no one was the wiser!

3 comments:

J.Rhoades September 6, 2009 at 6:40 AM  

When I got my pampered chef stoneware, it said (or maybe I read somewhere) that you aren't supposed to use cooking spray on it. Also, make sure you don't use soap to clean it! Just hot water and the scraper... the recipe looks good, I might have to try it!

ebs handler September 6, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

That dish is perfect for the White Chicken Chili also. Let me know if you need the recipe.

NavyGirl September 6, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

HunterBride - uh oh... after rereading the instruction sheet that came with the dish (which would have been smart to read BEFORE we used it), we aren't supposed to have used spray on it, just olive oil. NavyGuy should have a fun afternoon trying to clean it... without any soap!

Thanks for the heads up!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP