Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits

* My sister-in-law has had two Paul Rudd sightings in the past few days. He's filming a movie with Jack Nicholson (who she's also spotted) in Philadelphia, literally right outside her apartment. My jealously knows no bounds.

* Season Six of So You Think You Can Dance starts tomorrow night!!! Of course, I have to work. (Remind me what we did before DVRs?)

* I'm in a book lull. I've started three different ones in the past few weeks and nothing is doing it for me. Suggestions?

* As I currently know many babies, I'm intrigued by the cover of this weeks Newsweek: "Is Your Baby Racist?". HistoryGirlie? TWP? MOH? Any mom opinions on this? Have you heard your little angels spouting racial slurs in between Wonder Pet songs and cow sounds? Are FlowerGirl and Kitty hiding xenophobic tendencies behind those adorable smiles? Like parents didn't have enough to worry about...

* While I've been typing this, NavyGuy has been huffing and puffing and pouting that somehow an important voicemail from our bank got deleted from the home phone. After wasting a good twenty minutes growling and muttering under his breath about this travesty, he found the missing voicemail - on his cell phone. Sigh. Head shake. One more sigh for good measure.

4 comments:

Rearden September 8, 2009 at 10:03 PM  

Ah, blog fodder once again.

NavyGirl September 8, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

Oh don't even start - you love the attention.

keby September 9, 2009 at 4:24 AM  

I just finished reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It was quite amusing and didn't ruin the original story in my opinion. I'm also reading the 15th Stephanie Plum book...not as good as the last one as we haven't seen much Morelli.

NatalieW September 11, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

The Officer Spouses' Club (www.oscwi.com)is reading The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins. I read it last year, and it's actually one of my favorites. The book club meetings are at 7 pm the first Tuesday of each month, and we meet at the Starbucks off Hwy 20in Oak Harbor. I'm currently reading The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde. It's set in a fantasy world where people can actually insert themselves into books.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP