Thursday, August 13, 2009

HistoryGirlie's Guest Post

1. What should readers know about you that they don't already know?
That I'm really a CIA spy, keeping tabs on the paper and dairy industries of NE WI for the government. Just kidding. I don't really know. I guess if they read my blog, they have a pretty good grasp on who I am. If anyone has any questions, click on over to The Adventures of a Farmer's Wife! :)

2. What is your favorite recipe to make in the summer? Your favorite recipe of all time?
I love making a berry cake recipe in the summer that Farmer's mom gave me. It's a shortbread with raspberries sprinkled on top, with a struesel sugar topping. It's super quick, and it's super duper delicious. I don't know if I have a favorite recipe of ALL TIME. That's a lot of recipes for me to go through. But some of my favorite things came from my mom, like Chicken India, Sugar Cookies, and Sour Cream Chicken Breasts. I have lots of favorite foods I make.

3. What is a typical day like for you?
Hmmmm....it depends, during the school year or summer? Is Kitty home or not? If it's a typical day this summer, I get up to Kitty either screaming from her crib or if she's already in bed with me, she's got her face about 2 inches from mine saying in a very chipper voice, "HI!" We then turn on the TV to catch the headlines (did the world blow up? Was I named the new Queen of England??) and then head downstairs to feed Kitty some breakfast. Farmer comes home for breakfast shortly after that, and we chat about our upcoming day, while Kitty eats breakfast #2 with Daddy. When Daddy goes back to work, I hit the showers while Kitty watches some Sesame Street. After shower, we start on the day's chores. Daddy comes home for lunch about 12:30, we watch the soap opera, and then after Daddy goes back to work, Kitty hits the crib for a nappy and I keep working or I hop online and catch up on my online friends, my e-mail, and EW.com. Kitty sleeps for about 2 hours and after she gets up, we start in on supper. (I cook alot, and since my dishwasher is broken, I do ALOT of dishes) After supper and clean up, Daddy goes back to work, and we go outside and play, and water the flowers and pick the garden. We come in, Kitty gets a bath, and we start reading books and playing inside. Daddy gets home about 8:00 from milking cows. He plays with Kitty, showers, and then we calm her down for bed. If she goes to sleep early enough, then Farmer and I watch some TV and hit the tick about 10:00 pm. Fall asleep immediately and start over again the next day. :) Exciting enough for you? :)

4. What are your favorite blogs or websites? [Aside from MarryingtheNavy ;]
EW.com, CNN.com, MSNBC.com, and the blogs in my blogroll. I especially enjoy Green Girl in Wisconsin, and Seeking Sanity.

5. What is your favorite MarryingtheNavy blog post, or topic?
Because I know NavyGirl so well, I like all the posts....it helps me feel connected even though she's out in timbucktu. I also appreciate the tone of MarryingtheNavy, because it sounds like NavyGirl is sitting on my big ugly green couch telling me the stories. ;)

6. What are you looking forward to the most in the coming months?
Starting back at school, the holiday season with Kitty, and all the fun things coming up that Kitty will be doing!!!!


Thanks so much HistoryGirlie! Hopefully my readers enjoyed a peek into your bloggie life :)

2 comments:

sister,  August 13, 2009 at 6:45 PM  

Oh my goodness, Brother in Law would die for that berry cake - sounds super yummy!

ebs handler August 13, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

Loved getting a closer look into your day. And I knew that farmers work harder than almost anyone else, but guess I never thought about how many little "home visits" they can make throughout the day. Does Kitty visit Daddy at work also?
Enjoy the return to school.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP