Saturday, February 21, 2009

Travel and Shopping

The highlights and observations from the last thirty six hours, which I've spent either traveling (on a plane, in a bus, by car, etc.) or shopping... 


~ My bus driver from Anacortes to the Seattle airport had a mullet.  For some reason I feel very safe riding in a vehicle driven by a woman sporting a mullet.

~ The security folks emptied my carry-on bag and almost disrupted the oh-so-carefully-packed box of wedding invitation supplies.  Had any of the uncut paper pieces that I've sweated over for months gotten marred in their investigation, you'd probably have seen me on the news last night in a story about an airport security incident.

~ Spent time with my cousin doing some baby supply shopping.  Did you know there are such things as baby wipe warmers?  So the little one's behind doesn't get shocked by the cold baby wipe?  Also, you can now buy a stroller that's more complicated to operate than the jets NavyGuy flies (quite possibly more expensive too!).

~ Olive Garden for lunch - had my holy trinity of shrimp, asparagus, and risotto.  Yum.  O.

~ My mother "boxed up" the remainder of the breadsticks from our table when we left the restaurant.  She even took the napkin the sticks were wrapped in.  ("Well, I wasn't going to touch each of the breadsticks!")

I'm off to eat my leftover risotto (and breadsticks apparently).  Tomorrow is the day... I'll be "defying gravity" and seeing WICKED with Historygirlie!!!!!!  Wheeeeeee!!!!!

(I see now that my post probably should have been titled "Travel, Shopping, and Eating"...)

5 comments:

historygirlie February 21, 2009 at 5:40 PM  

Ok, so I get the whole Wicked sighting (weeeeeee!!!!!) but how are you going to defy gravity? Do we need to watch this musical upside down? sitting on broomsticks hovering near the ceiling of the PAC?

Also, I need to try this Olive Garden entree. It sounds awesome.

Weeeeeeee! Wicked!

NavyGirl February 21, 2009 at 7:04 PM  

Hehehe... wheeee!!! Defying Gravity is the last song in Act 1 and it's freaking amazing, ridiculous, fantastic. I cannot WAIT to hear it and see it live... if it's half as good as the CD version, we're going to hovering alright!

Magdalena February 24, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

I guess I need to de-lurk now, I've been reading your blog for a while now and I'm simply amazed at your craftiness.
Just wanted to let you know that you can find the recipe for shrimp and asparagus risotto on Olive Garden webpage :)

NavyGirl February 24, 2009 at 5:34 PM  

Wow! Best "de-lurking" comment ever :) I'm definitely going to have to try and recreate my Olive Garden fav at home now! Thanks so much...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP