Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Drama of the Week

Many of you loyal readers and friends know of my fabulous compadre HistoryGirlie (Adventures of a Farmer's Wife). We taught together in Wisconsin, and discovered we're basically sisters separated at birth (except that she loves Gone with the Wind, and I've never seen it).

HistoryGirlie and NavyGuy have a wonderful relationship of harassing each other. She calls him Maverick, as her knowledge of Navy life (before I got involved) pretty much just extended to Top Gun. HG is a fellow paper crafter, and we're always sharing good deals we've found at JoAnn's, Michaels, or Hobby Lobby ("the hob").

Okay, so the debate/drama of the week began when HistoryGirlie won a cheesecake baking competition. She's just like Martha Stewart except with better hair, so this came as no surprise to me. NavyGuy kindly congratulated her on her win and added that she should teach me how to bake an amazing cheesecake, as NavyGuy hearts cheesecake and I've never made one for him.

Hrmph. Well, then HistoryGirlie called me to tell me that Cricut cartridges were on sale at JoAnn's! Woo hoo!!! I haven't bought a new one in quite some time, and there's an amazing one that is totally necessary for all my upcoming wedding scrapbooking. Well, I made the mistake of mentioning all of this to NavyGuy... and he felt the need to share this message with HistoryGirlie:

"After your discussion earlier with Mugs, I've decided that she can go get an on-sale cricut cartridge if you teach her how to make your prize winning cheesecake, and she successfully executes such task. ...evil laugh..."

WHAT?!?!?! Oh no he did not. So, I of course responded with:

"Isn't he soooo funny? He thinks he actually has some modicum of control over my craft spending!?!? Silly rabbit..."

And as the instigator of the debate, HistoryGirlie has written a post just for NavyGuy.

Since she's posted, the plot has thickened. I attempted to go to JoAnn's today and buy said sale Cricut cartridge (while also using a gift card for the store), but in my infinite intelligence and common sense... I got all the way to the store (a good thirty minutes away) and realized my wallet was sitting on my desk at home!!!!! AGH!!!!!!!!!! Really? Really!?!? This is my life. Sigh.

So, now I have no new Cricut cartridge, another embarassing story to add to my day, and my pride to regain. So HistoryGirlie, fear not - I will obtain the coveted Cricut cartridge. Let no man and his sassy mouth (or my forgetfulness) stand in my way!

Yes, as always, I realize most of the rest of the planet has much bigger and more significant problems than I. But, seriously - this stinks!

3 comments:

historygirlie June 9, 2009 at 3:20 PM  

Oh boy...I hope I haven't created marital dischord in WA. Tell NavyGuy my personalized post was all in fun.

Somewhat.

I still think he should demand to be posted in Lake Michigan. :)

keby June 9, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

I believe there is a Navy Base here in Chicago or at least I remember seeing a sign for something Navy on my drive back from Milwaukee. I agree with HistoryGirlie, NavyGuy should be posted here.

Brooklet June 10, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

I'm glad I just read this. I need to make my way to Joann's now since I am loving my new Cricut! The benefit of having a deployed husband is that he really can't stop me from going out and buying some new cartridges :-). (And if you ever learn how to make great cheesecake you'll have to teach me. I can bake, but cheesecake is the one thing I have failed at baking.)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP