Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend Update

Busy, busy, busy...

~ Spent Saturday shopping in Lynnwood. NavyGuy needed a blue blazer for a wedding he's in in a couple weeks. He just found out that he could take leave and go to the wedding, so he's pretty excited; the couple are friends of ours from college, and we'll be celebrating with them in Boston in two weeks! More on this adventure soon...

~ Saturday night was Ladies Night! Brooklet invited to me join her squadron's wives club at a Ladies Night event at a pottery store in Oak Harbor. The store is one where you pick plain pottery items and paint them. Then the store fires and glazes them and you have a beautiful bowl/pitcher/piggy bank/small garden frog. The store has these nights every couple of months, and the offer snacks and margaritas (woo!) while you paint. Everyone had a good time, and on Thursday, I can pick up my new bowl!

~ Sunday morning we brunched at Island Cafe, then grocery shopping, wedding thank-you writing, cleaning, and other mundane Sunday tasks. Then I babysat for a new family with two young boys; the kids were super easy and conked out soon after I got there, so I caught the newest episode of Bridezillas! One of the brides was upset that her maid of honor had gotten sick close to her wedding day, so the bride slipped cough medicine in the girl's drinks for several days before the wedding to make sure she got better!!! Pyscho! (And yet, so entertaining :)

All in all, a good weekend. Oh, except for the fact that my mother is AWOL. No clue where she is or what she's been up to. Friday was her last day of school, so I'm a bit worried about what she may have decided to do... I'm suspecting she's either ran away to Mexico or has been abducted into white slavery...

1 comments:

sister,  June 15, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

Uh oh, AND the mother hasn't replied yet that your claims are false. Something must be up.

And p.s. My Andrea and I are VERY upset that YOU will be in Boston in two weeks, and I will not. What's the deal?! Will I fit in your suitcases?!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP