Friday, June 26, 2009

To Have and To Hold

Ooops. I missed Stamp Club on Wednesday night because of some house drama - it looked like we were going to have to do a marathon cleaning session in order to have the place presentable for our landlord the following day. Since there's no way I would leave that task in the hands of NavyGuy and the two Marines, I opted to skip Stamp Club and stay for the "fun." Well, then the plans changed again, and the landlord cancelled the showing... but of course we didn't get word until it was too late for me to leave for some crafting. Boo.Luckily, next week I'm going to be scrapbooking with some ladies, I can get my craft fix then. In the meantime, I thought this card was appropriate for today as I'm celebrating a wedding! The stamps are from a Stampin' Up set I got last month. The bride and groom are really simple, but they leave a lot of room for creativity. I wasn't sure that gray would make a suitable wedding color, but I used my blender pens to try and add some shading to the couple... and I have to say I'm kinda excited about how it turned out! The sentiment is just stamped in red and popped up on dimensionals; the swirly background paper was plain white, but I stamped it in the same gray ink, with another stamp in the set. The small hearts are from a separate heart shaped punch.

1 comments:

Michelle June 26, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

I love the card. So simple and perfect. I also like the red with the gray.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP