Thursday, June 25, 2009

More Travel

Well, as we speak, NavyGuy and I are once again on the move. This time it's a red-eye flight to Boston for a wedding. Two friends of ours from college are getting married in Harvard, MA at the Fruitlands Museum. [HistoryGirlie - Fruitlands is Bronson Alcott's failed transcendentalist utopia!!! If I see Louisa May, I'll be sure to say hi, and if I find a comprehendable explanation of what transcendentalism actually is, I'll be sure to send it your way ;)]

Fruitlands Museum, Harvard, MA

The wedding is Friday night, and I'm excited to see what the bride has come up with for this wedding. Given that NavyGuy has been instructed to wear khakis and a blue blazer, I'm hoping for some sort of New-England-clam-bake-Kennedy-compound-preppy-chic affair.

The bride and groom...

Saturday morning there's a post-nuptial brunch, and then NavyGuy and I have to decide how we're going to spend the remainder of our Saturday. We could stay in the "countryside" and tour the other transcendentalist sites like Thoreau's cabin at Walden Pond and Emerson's home, or we could jump over to Boston and try to take in as many historical sites as humanly possible in six hours... it's a tough call. While I'd love to check out Boston, is it worth it to go for just hours? We could see the other Massachusetts sites, and save Boston proper for a separate trip when we can do it up right... I don't know. Thoughts? I'm sure we're going to have a blast whatever we end up doing!

Bon Voyage!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP