Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Wedding Planning... Fun?

That's right.  Sister's wedding is done.  I have given my mother a week to recover, and it's off to the races again.  For those of who you have been following her wedding recap, I thought I would do a small comparison between the two of us, that should give you a good idea of the 180 degree turn we'll be taking when planning this one...


Favorite Colors
Sister - Red, Black, White
Me - Pink, Cream, Champagne, White, Brown, Latte, Blush...

Favorite Flowers
Sister - roses
Me - roses, peonies, tulips, cherry blossoms, lilacs...

Wedding Dresses Tried On 
Sister - one.
Me - 12 dresses, 3 stores, 4 trips... and we're still going...

Pre-Wedding Pampering
Sister - forced pedicure (kind of like an arranged marriage for toenails ;)
Me - mani, pedi, facial, hair consulation, make-up consultation...

Response to the word "bride"
Sister - gag reflex
Me - sheer glee

Um, yeah.  So, clearly, I'm not only significantly more girly, I'm also waaaaaay more indecisive, and frankly - high maintenance.  I don't tend to have favorites - except for NavyGuy - so choosing things for this wedding is going to be a lot harder than it was for Sister (who knew exactly what she wanted thankyouverymuch!).

I thought as a way to ease us into the alleged purpose for this blog, I would just start off with some fun online wedding things.  I have found some, and my unofficial wedding planner (aka Macy's Mom) has contributed a few. 

Spin the color wheel to find endless color combos; you can select specific colors, opt for contrasting accents, or just go nuts with the whole wheel.

With the click of a button, you can design your (almost) dream dress.  You can also have fun changing the 2D model's shape to "match" yours....

Sample Question: Which TV character proposed by spelling out "I Love You" with his socks?

Handmade invitations.  Online gift registries.  Tipping.  It's a crazy world out there, and the "rules" are changing with every new wedding season.  Try this quiz to see what faux pauxs to avoid (seriously - it's tougher than you'd think).

3 comments:

Anonymous,  August 5, 2008 at 1:52 PM  

Ooh...my first blog shout out...I love it!

Let the madness begin!!!

Macy's mom

Anonymous,  August 5, 2008 at 3:31 PM  

Kudos to that scarily accurate comparison you made there, Mugs. Hope Mother can survive the complete changeover in the next few weeks (days!).

P.S. Just discovered an amazing coincidence with my co-AD in SF...his dad was a navy pilot, lived in Pensacola, and even more...wait for it...

...he lived in Whidbey for 10 years!! Obviously, stories will follow.

Anonymous,  August 6, 2008 at 7:33 PM  

Mugs, I know exactly what you mean. I was so indecisive. I kept changing our colors. I didn't know names of flowers yet alone what kind I wanted in my bouquet, etc.

I recommend delegating as much as you can. I had my mother and mother-in-law pick out all of the flowers. I gave them a few guidelines (I wanted yellow flowers) and let them have fun with it. I loved what they choose.

Good luck!

-Publishing girl

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP