Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mary Poppins would never have put up with this shiznit.

I love discovering that I am more mature than someone else. It's even sweeter when that person is older than me. I showed up on time at Chad the Dad's house this morning, since I never heard back from him as to whether he wanted me to come today or not. A recreation for you (with the exact transcript):

Knock, knock. Door opens. Chad the Dad glares at me and doesn't say anything for a few seconds. "Oh, you're here." "Well, yes, I didn't get an email back from you, so I wasn't sure..." "We aren't going to invest anymore time in you." Door starts to close. "Okaaay...?"

What?!? Are you kidding me?!?! That's how you're dealing with the situation - ignore a perfectly polite email, force a person to drive 45 minutes unnecessarily, then act rudely to them? I'm sorry - are you a 3rd grader? Good grief. No, I take that back - 3rd graders don't deserve that slam. Well, Chad the Dad, I am done with you and your crazy family. I am taking my pride and my REAL name, and heading out the door.

Adios.

5 comments:

Princess of Ales November 13, 2008 at 3:17 PM  

Is there some kind of "rate the family" function to these postings?! People need to know they are crazy! I'm sorry you had to put yourself and your gas-guzzling vehicle through that this morning. What was I thinking, not kidnapping you when I had the chance? Or going with you! It would have been just like a Janet Evanovich book. Anyway, let me know if you'd like me to take out an ad castigating them to all of Skagit county. I am SO ready!

keby November 13, 2008 at 4:27 PM  

Wow, seriously, other future "nannies" need to be warned about this crazy family. I'm glad you got out of there when you did. I must say the thought of you and Princess of Ales confronting them a la Janet Evonovich leaves me in stitches. I'd love to see that encounter!

Unknown November 13, 2008 at 6:42 PM  

ditto keby! ;) I'd pay money to see that. Mugs, I hope you did something on your way out... like dent the mailbox or something

Brooke November 13, 2008 at 8:09 PM  

Wow...all I have to say is wow...You know, sittercity.com and care.com allow people to leave reviews of employees. You should see if you can leave reviews of customers. I give you credit for even getting out there and going back there today!

NatalieW November 14, 2008 at 5:59 AM  

That is horrible! And didn't you say that man is in public office? I'm sorry that you had to go through that crap.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP