Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Turkey "Hunting"

Setting: Our house, this afternoon.

NavyGuy: Hark woman! I am caveman. I have left the cave and tracked down a wild bird to feast on at Thanksgiving!

Mugs: What?

NavyGuy: I have done my manly duty of hunter/gatherer and secured a turkey for our Thanksgiving dinner!

Mugs: Seriously, did you hit your head?

NavyGuy: Bird! Turkey! I procured meat for my family! (grunting)

Mugs: So let me get this straight - as a "manly caveman hunter" you called the meat shop, told another man to go out and get a turkey, kill it, pluck it, and pull out its innards, after which you will brave the dangerous streets of downtown to retrieve it days before Thanksgiving.

NavyGuy: Well, I'll probably drink a beer while I cook it.

Mugs: There's your inner caveman.

2 comments:

historygirlie November 11, 2008 at 4:26 PM  

Ugh....manly hunter....find good grub for family...ugh ugh grunt grunt (scratch scratch)

Maybe if you're lucky, he'll drag you by your hair to get the rest of the groceries.

I sent out 6 copies of your letter today. just an FYI....sorry I got behind on it and it got late.

~J

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP