Monday, November 10, 2008

A Scarecrow Friend

Here's the final stamping project from my craft night a few weeks back. The hostess (Michelle) had previously made these small stand up boxes designed as pumpkins, but she managed to create a new design for a scarecrow. I love the shading we did around the edges, the teeny bird on his hat, and there's even a small piece of checkerboard fabric added to the back to look like a patch on his outfit. We used a diecut machine to create the front and back pieces, but I think I've figured out a way to replicate those using my Cricut. The eyes and nose are just layers of paper, and the mouth and other black details are all handdrawn with a marker. Very adorable for fall, and you could put a few small candies in the box portion.

I'm going to see if I can duplicate the idea and create a couple Christmas styles - maybe a snowman or a reindeer? (Not like I need any more Christmas decorations - the movers were appalled when they filled our entire crawl space just with boxes of Christmas decorations!) We'll see if my creative juices get flowing this week...

1 comments:

ebs handler November 10, 2008 at 8:06 PM  

This could so easy be a snowman...change the hat to a black stovepipe, the nose to an orange carrot, and happier eyes. What do moving men know about holiday decs anyway?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP