Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weekend Update...

Time again for another edition of my weekend update. Let me forewarn ya'll - it wasn't amazing. If I could sum up the entire weekend in one word it would be "underwhelming."

NavyGuy and I were psyched to see the new Bond flick on Friday night. (Okay, he was psyched to see Bond girls and fast cars; I was psyched to see Daniel Craig in, or out, of a tuxedo.) Either way, we were both disappointed. The movie was drastically underwhelming in terms of plot, and Bond was only shirtless for a short scene. Bah. It was also a hot mess because our movie night with a few friends morphed into a thirty person expedition with confusion over tickets and saving rows of seats while angry moviegoers glared. Bah.

Saturday was spent searching for a decent mall in our part of the world. I'll tell you the end of the story now - it doesn't exist. I used to complain about the dearth of stores in the Fond du Lac mall - hah! Had I only known the mecca I was living near all those years. NavyGuy, myself, and a flight school friend drove an hour south hoping to hit a big mall in a northern Seattle suburb. Alas, we found a disappointing selection of jewelry kiosks, hippie wear stores, and coffee carts, bookended by a scarse Macy's and Sears. I miss Ann Taylor. I miss Anthropologie. And Archivers, Barnes and Noble, White House Black Market, New York and Company... okay, I'll stop now. Bah. Pooptastic mall.

Saturday evening was marginally better, but the fun Body Shop home party that I went to was ruined by my migraine and tempermental stomach (also by a woman discussing how she was excited to breast feed so that her uterus would shrink faster). I was home by 8:30pm, NavyGuy and I were in bed by 9:45pm, and that was Saturday night. Rockin'.

Today consisted of grocery shopping, a failed bath (the jets in our fancy dancy tub ended up not working so instead of soaking in a relaxing bubbling bath, I sat in my own lukewarm filth for ten minutes before surrendering to a shower instead), and a coffee grinder purchase. What did I say before?

Oh yes - underwhelming.

3 comments:

Brooklet November 16, 2008 at 11:12 PM  

How in the world did I miss the conversation about breastfeeding so your uterus shrank faster? I think my selective hearing did me a favor in that case.

Princess of Ales November 17, 2008 at 9:18 AM  

Oh, honey. Here...let me help.

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/help/store_locator_results.jsp?_requestid=37896

http://www.anntaylor.com/custserv/find_stores.cmd?form_state=findStoresForm&division=ATS&address=&city=&state=WA&zip=&b_findstores.x=145&b_findstores.y=7

http://storelocator.barnesandnoble.com/stores.do;jsessionid=0603A9B682B84A6A646B55F480A17F1B.worker2

http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/company/locator.jsp - There is one in Mt. Vernon! I'm so jealous!

http://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/store_search.jsp;jsessionid=130C14F82850D51127DD838DFFF119C6.wp22?_DARGS=/store/store_locator.jsp

It looks like you'll need to go to Bellevue. Which makes sense. Think Edina. =) LOVE YOU!

Anonymous,  November 17, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

Gross as it sounds, some day you will care about your shrinking uterus. I've already been taken over to that dark side.............

TWP

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP