Monday, July 20, 2009

Cheers and Jeers

Cheers... to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince! Under threat of bodily harm from HistoryGirlie, I cannot discuss any specifics of the movie until I receive word that she's seen it, but I can say that, the film rocks. NavyGuy and I saw it Friday afternoon - at the EXACT SAME TIME as my mom was seeing it in Wisconsin - crazy coincidence. Since seeing it, I've been frantically rereading book 7.

Jeers... to Marine #2. First, he's taken to wandering around the house shirtless. Man is not good looking, and tends to wear low-rise board shorts (ew, butt-crack). I'm very bummed we never instituted a "no shirt, no shoes, no service" rule in this house. Also, Marine #2 had a "lady friend" visiting this weekend, and she was less than impressive. Think ditzy college girl, with a bit of moron thrown in for good measure. I never officially met her, but my opinion of her was sealed when she called one of Marine #2's deafening burps "cool." The two of them spent the weekend making huge messes in the kitchen, working out, and watching terrible shows on TV. Hope she thought the trip was worth the airfare from Southern California. I cannot wait to move.

Cheers... to starting to pack for the big move! We're picked up some more supplies this weekend, and I tackled our coat closet in the hall. I wouldn't normally be jazzed to pack, but since it means moving away from the fraternity house we're currently in... packing is great!

Cheers... to Brother-in-Law! He made Law Review for UC Berkeley, and we're all quite impressed with his brilliance. His acceptance makes up for the fact that he spent the majority of my wedding reception reading and preparing his application... congrats!

Jeers... to the family of spiders living somewhere under my bathtub. Each morning I go into the bathroom and find one lone spider just chillin' in my tub. I squish him (or her) with a Kleenex and go on with life. But, the next morning, shock of shocks, another one turns up! This has literally happened for over a week. You would think these little boogars would start to get the hint... hang in the drain, stay alive; venture onto the tile, risk Kleenex squishing. The battle rages on.

Other cheerfulness or jeerfulness anyone would like to add?

3 comments:

ebs handler July 21, 2009 at 4:48 AM  

Cheers to only 7 days left of summer school!
Jeers to only 34 days of summer before "back to school meeting week." (For non-educators, this means less than 34 days to get all lists complete at home, vacation a bit, finish all "recreational" reading, and of course, get classroom ready since there will be no time during meeting week!)
Double jeers!!

Mommy McD July 21, 2009 at 5:15 AM  

Good job not squealing and squishing the spiders yourself. I have to say learning to do that was the hardest adjustment to Navywifedom for me. (Well, I am joking - but only a little.)

keby July 21, 2009 at 6:47 PM  

Cheers to finally receiving my free portrait from the wedding photographer. It's absolutely gorgeous.
Jeers to still not having my wedding album 13 months after my wedding. This thing better be the most gorgeous book I'll ever own!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP