Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday's Tidbits

~ I tried a class at my new gym today.* Has anyone else ever survived BodyPump? You basically lift weights continuously for an hour, working not only the muscles, but your heart/cardiovascular system as well. I knew I was in trouble when already as I was showering after class, I couldn't lift my arms to wash my hair. I liked the class, but we'll see how life goes tomorrow - I'm babysitting for two young kids in the morning and have a shift at Starbucks tomorrow night. I fear lifting gallons of milk, let alone a three year old.

~ After having improved my body, I decided it was time to improve my mind. I read Part 1 of Dooce's Labor story (a drastically more famous and talented blogger who opted for a natural birth recently), and discovered a film that all the commenters were discussing. I watched The Business of Being Born on Netflix today, and my eyes have been opened. I'm planning a more lengthy post about the film later in the week, but if you aren't familiar with this movie (and have lady parts or know someone who does), I highly recommend watching it... notice I emphasized the word "watch" - not support, subscribe, or agree. More later.

*Yes, I joined a gym. Aside from the fact that it's, you know, like healthy and stuff to work out, the decision was mostly based on the fact that NavyGuy read a book saying if I exercise I'll have less of a chance of getting Alzheimer's later in life, and that's seriously one of his biggest fears. So, since I'm too lazy and unmotivated to drive forty minutes to the free gym on the base in Oak Harbor, I now shell out some money each month to drive eight minutes to the Anacortes gym and induce the same pain. Judge all you want, but at least I'm working out.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP