Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Crazy for Chicken Salad

I'm nuts for chicken salad. There are a thousand different varieties with countless combinations of fruits, veggies, nuts, and flavors. I'm a fan of any version, but this was the first time I attempted to create my own. NavyGuy (who claims he hates chicken salad) gobbled his up. I used my "Busy Family Cookbook" as inspiration and altered two different recipes to come up with tonight's dinner.


Chicken Salad Croissants
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- croissants
- lettuce leaf (optional)

In a large bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, celery, and onions. In a separate smaller bowl, mix the mayo, lemon juice, and salt. Drizzle the mayo mixture over the chicken, etc.; stir well. Pile on a cut croissant and devour.

Just fabulous! Of course, adding a croissant pretty much makes everything wonderful, but this would even be good without it. I'm excited to try another version in the future - I've seen recipes that include green apples, pecans, and all kinds of other tasty things. What do you go crazy for in your chicken salad?

2 comments:

ebs handler July 2, 2009 at 4:43 AM  

Delish! Try the Arby's version (one of my favorites) with apple chunks and chopped walnuts. And the croissant....perfect choice!

historygirlie July 2, 2009 at 7:38 AM  

I like just chicken salad and mayo dressing....maybe a bit of celery. I can't eat the onions, don't like grapes or fruit in my salads, and I'm not a fan of nuts either.

You and Auntie Mousie are alike...she adores a good chicken salad croissant.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP