Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cricut Christmas

Lots to catch up on! Busy, productive weekend. I'll start with more Christmas cards, and fill in the rest as I have a chance this week.


I was having trouble deciding on a design for this year's Christmas cards, so I tested over several designs. This one features cutouts from my new cricut cartridge (Joys of the Season). There are two layers to the Christmas tree, and the red border is also a cricut shape. In order to attach the intricate paper layers to the front of the card, I used a Xyron machine. What it does is turn any thin layer of paper into a sticker. You feed the paper into the machine, and out the other ends pops the original paper, which can then be peeled off of the sheet and stuck to most surfaces. It's helpful when you're dealing with a piece of paper that has lots of details (or cutouts); without getting adhesive on the entire back of the cutout, parts of it would not stick to the front of the card, and would be likely to get caught on the envelope, o rjust fall off eventually.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  December 7, 2008 at 7:36 PM  

Is it just me or did you add a post and then delete it!?!?!? Please tell me that's real b/c if I'm imagining holiday card posts, I'm more tired than I thought!!!!!!

TWP

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP