Friday, December 12, 2008

The Final Selection

I mentioned earlier in the week that I was having difficulty settling on a Christmas card design this year. Between the samples I made at Stamp Club, and the Cricut craziness of Friday, you'd think one of those would have met my criteria. Nope - instead, I came up with a totally different design, using my favorite technique of late - embossing.

Hooray! 2008 Christmas cards complete! I may never fully remove the extraneous gold embossing powder from our coffee table, but it's worth it. Both the evergreen tree and the swirly design are embossed with gold powder (the process involves stamping the image with a special clear sticky ink, then dusting the powder on top, then heating the design with a special embossing gun - and no, NavyGuy, once and for all, you cannot emboss with a hairdryer!). The white ribbon wraps all the way around the front part of the card and is glued down beneath the tree. The inside is blank, ready for my Christmas wishes to family and friends. I also made some on red cards, as my green paper gave out after card #12.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP