Friday, December 5, 2008

Unexpected Free Time

What would you do with an extra seven hours of time?

I've been up since 6:00am (I know I know - for the working world this is not early, but in my new slacker world, 6:00am = ass crack of dawn). I was supposed to have a babysitting job in Mt. Vernon at 7:30, meaning I'd need to leave the house by quarter to seven. However, this job was scheduled several weeks ago, so yesterday I had the brilliant - brilliant! - idea to email the dad and confirm the job.

At 6:36 this morning (post shower, post contacts in eyeballs), dad replied that his wife flaked and was supposed to have called me a week ago to let me know that her meeting had been canceled and they would not be needing a sitter. I emailed him back saying it was okay, but he called as well, apologizing profusely for the mix-up and flattering me with compliments about how much they love me and sincerely hope this doesn't affect future jobs. Ah... they do know the way to my heart.

So, much as I would like the extra cash, I'm more psyched about the extra seven hours that I hadn't anticipated on having today. Now the real conundrum begins: what do I do? These are the options I'm weighing...

- start working on my Christmas cards while I have the office to myself
- start addressing Save the Dates! (yes, they arrived; no, I'm not giving you a peek until they're sent)
- put up the Christmas tree
- do some grad school reading
- watch my Thursday night TV that's TiVo'ed (Betty, Grey's, Office, 30 Rock)
- go back to sleep

I love when I have "extra" time like this, because essentially (in my twisted logic), ANYTHING I get done is a bonus! So, what do you think I should do? Or, more fun, what would you do if seven hours magically landed in your lap?

3 comments:

Brooklet December 5, 2008 at 10:55 AM  

You should come bake Christmas cookies with your friend in Oak Harbor, since I am stuck in the house waiting for a package to arrive sometime between 8am and 7pm. :-(

historygirlie December 5, 2008 at 11:55 AM  

I would read or craft. But it would depend....would I be Kitty Free???? If it were Kitty free, I'd definitely read or craft.

YOU MUST CALL ME ASAP. AT HOME. THERE IS BIG KHS NEWS. ok, not that big, but it's quite substantial. I DON'T HAVE MY CELL, SO I DON'T HAVE YOUR NUMBER AT THE MOMENT. SO WHEN YOU GET THIS, CALL ME. :)

keby December 5, 2008 at 5:11 PM  

I'd catch up on TV and nap. It's always a good day if you can get a nap in! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP