Saturday, March 7, 2009

Efficient Crafting

I'm a big fan of when I sit down to make some cards, making a couple different designs using the same papers, stamps, and/or color schemes. That way I get many of the scraps used up right away (instead of adding to my overstuffed scrap drawer), and I have the ink pads and colors out that I want to use, so I don't need to waste time rummaging around putting away some supplies midstream, getting out more stuff - argh! So, these two cards are examples of that. Both include green and white, the same stamp set, and scraps from one were included in the other.This card was an oops. I punched circles in two different pieces of paper and then they didn't line up correctly. Did I throw out the pieces? Heck no! I played around with different arrangement, and decided I could make the mismatched circles overlap and do a half frame with the green. I love the dandelion stamp in this set, so I overlapped that as well.

For this card I made a patterned piece of paper out of plain white paper and a stamped image in the matching green ink. Layer another piece of paper, punch an oval out of the extra green paper, and simple card done!

1 comments:

Lisa March 7, 2009 at 8:12 PM  

I love your cards! I wish I had the talent and patience to be so creative!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP