Friday, March 20, 2009

Navy Briefing of the Week - Slang Part 2

BCGs
Birth Control Glasses; Standard Navy-issue corrective eyewear. So named because they are so thick and hideous that you are guaranteed never to have sex while you are wearing them. Wikipedia claims the term has become obsolete due to more modern looking glasses being issued, but I can testify that that's bullocks. (See photo below.)
Oh man, I almost hooked up with this hottie last night but my BCGs scared her off.

(Actual BCGs in action.)

Helmet Fire
When a pilot or flight officer becomes so task saturated or overwhelmed in the cockpit that he loses the big picture or becomes more likely to make mistakes. Often used to describe the feeling flight students get while trying to complete a flight brief or simulator exercise. NOT involving any actual flames around their head (how was I supposed to know!?!?).
"There were definitely a few minutes of helmet fire during that first sim, but I still rocked it." ~NavyGuy

NFO
Naval Flight Officer. Flies alongside pilots in naval aircraft; operates the weapons systems in the airplanes. Navigator.
My fiance is an NFO; Maverick was a pilot, Goose was the NFO. (Yes, I know Gooses dies!)

4 comments:

historygirlie March 20, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

Does Maverick wear those glasses off base? if so, he's probably impeding his personal life quite a bit.

Yikes. hot. :)

Rearden March 21, 2009 at 9:54 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rearden March 21, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

Oh, I still have them, but I don't wear them any more, but they were dead-sexy while I had them.

historygirlie March 22, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

Please, Maverick, wear those when walking down the aisle. I'm sure no female in the joint will be able to keep their mitts off you. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP