Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pink Curve

Guest post from NavyGuy... enjoy!

Mugs is getting a new phone! Ok, well, I’m the only one who’s excited about this, but she asked me to write another guest blog post on the new electronic device I’m “forcing” on her. So, lets set out from the start the difference between Mugs and I when it comes to electronics. My whole life I’ve hungered for and been excited about the newest coolest electronics, always going to the “next” thing. Mugs, on the other hand, has no interest in that fabled “next” thing. If a particular piece of electronics works for her, she’s perfectly happy to continue using it well after the next three generations of the same device have come out, something I would be horrified to accept.


This brings us to cell phones. I recently got a new Blackberry to replace my previous smartphone, and Mugs has a slightly older, well used simple phone that she’s used for almost two years. Because I bought the phone, and our provider is doing a promotion this month allowing us to “Buy One Get One Free” on another Blackberry, and Mugs phone is getting on in years, she’s able to get any Verizon Blackberry free. Now, if this opportunity were presented to me, I’d of course go for another of the same model as mine, the newest, most advanced Blackberry Verizon offers. When I presented the suggestion to Mugs, her response was slightly different. She didn’t want a new phone at all to my astonishment!


“But my phone works fine,” she said.



“Yeah, but these are newer,” I responded, thinking that would of course convince her of the superiority of my plan. All I got back was a blank stare as if I’d just spoken Mandarin.


Never one to be deterred in the face of new technology, after about a week of continually discussing and incessantly pestering her with pictures and talking about all the superior features of any Blackberry over her current phone, Mugs capitulated and gave in on one condition: she had to get the pink one, and not the newest one, either, the one generation old Pink Curve. This is the price I pay, . At least now she and I can Blackberry message together, and I can have the fun of getting to set up a new phone and make it do all the neat computer-y things that I think are endlessly cool and Mugs probably won’t even realize happen.

In any case, come March 11th, Mugs will be getting a new phone, and will hopefully be joining the ranks of Crackberry addicts just like the rest of us!

5 comments:

Sevi March 4, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

I want a blackberry so badly. We'll see!

American Eagle lifetime jean warranty, trade the jeans in for what they are worth.

Rearden March 4, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

They're definitely worth it!

Princess of Ales March 5, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

This still sounds like Mugs. Either the whole "becoming like your partner" thing is happening or you have become the same person. I'm not sure which one yet. I'll need to run further tests...

Rearden March 6, 2009 at 4:19 PM  

lol, it was actually written by me, although I may change my style to a slightly more snarky/sarcastic tone when I write for her blog, who knows? P.S. when are you coming up to visit again?

Princess of Ales March 12, 2009 at 6:44 AM  

As soon as I can. How does the second weekend in April strike you both? What if I were to bring a certain brewer who shall remain nameless? (Although that is certainly not a deal breaker...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP