Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday

~ Spent today subbing for the sixth grade again. There was the requisite smelly kid, who you half feel sorry for / half hope won't hang around your desk too much. Apparently I'm also making some kind of impact on the students. Several girls came up to me after lunch announcing that they'd been to the high school basketball game the previous night. At the game, a girl from the opposing team looked oddly familiar, but the sixth graders couldn't figure out why... eventually one of them realized the high school girl looked like their sub! The girls thought they were giving me quite the compliment - "it means you look young enough to be a high school kid!" Gosh, is my secret wish that transparent? Good grief.

~ Must go grocery shopping. Lunch today consisted of yogurt, Diet Mountain Dew, and a can of tuna. Not a tuna fish sandwich - that'd require bread and mayo, both of which we're out of. Just plain tuna. Yes. I ate it. Shame is relative when you're saving money for a wedding.

~ Almost finished with Season 1 of Gossip Girl. NavyGuy's sister got me hooked on it over Christmas break. Again, shame is relative.

~ Don't forget to turn your clocks forward one hour on Saturday night - we may lose a bit of sleep, but bring on the sunshine hours!

~ Random concern of the day: why are all my favorite tops "lay flat to dry"? I wash them, lay them on top of the dryer (flat) to dry, and forget they're in the laundry room until I go in there the following week to do another load. By that time, the top has molded itself into the shape of the top of the dryer (or possibly been covered by a pile of man clothes), and it probably has to be washed again. I'm not sure who's behind this evil plot, but I'd appreciate any and all conspiracy theories you can think of.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Lisa March 7, 2009 at 7:19 AM  

There's no shame in Gossip Girl. :) It is my favorite guilty pleasure.

~*Miss A*~ March 7, 2009 at 5:44 PM  

LOL Lay flat to dry clothes are the devil! Most everything I buy can't go in the dryer, especially pants. I'm really tall, so after I finish washing my pants, I hang them to dry in the laundry room. Just like you, I forget about them & don't put them in the closet until it's time to wash another load of clothes!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP