Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Story of Us (edited)

After reading "The Story of Us" (a tale of how NavyGuy and I became a couple), Miss A, my college roommate who's responsible for bringing us together, added the following addendum to the story...

From Miss A:

Ah, memories. My version of this story will be appearing as an epic poem in my first published book of poetry. Muahahahahahaha!

I would like to clarify a couple of things. There were only so many people I could convince to meet my fun, clever, cute roommate in the LIBRARY. So if I didn't bring them home, the only other possibility was some kind of accidental encounter in the Kohler elevator. So it wasn't messy as much as it required strategery...

I have a vivid memory of you, Mugs, meeting NavyGuy - not because you cared overly much (sorry, Guy!) but because his eyes bugged out a little bit. You were obviously his type from the get-go.

Let's not mince words by referring to that guy I was seeing as a "man." His code name ought to be "Wet Blanket."

I forgot about the liquid courage! Of course! I was wondering how that happened so quickly...

And finally, the liquid courage is my fault, Mommy Mugs. I did debauch her a little more than she said, but still a little less than you originally thought I would. See? No piercings! No lesbians! Oh, but she did move out to the West Coast...hmmm...not my fault! But I'll keep her anyway.


Yes, I spent most of my waking hours some time in the library. Yes, Miss A's first boyfriend in college was a wet blanket. And yes, my mother was terrified of Miss A when they first met... but alas, another story for another day...

4 comments:

keby March 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

Aww. I miss hanging out with you two!

Love you!

Princess of Ales March 12, 2009 at 6:59 PM  

Now THAT is what I'm talking about! A feature in the blog! Since I'm to lazy...er...busy to have my own, can I apply for a bi-weekly feature? I'm fully prepared to fill out an application AND prepare a rant...er...piece of your choosing...Also, I COMPLETLELY forgot to ask...What did you give up for Lent this time? Please tell me you gave up Lent...

Princess of Ales March 12, 2009 at 7:01 PM  

Crap...that was "too lazy." Apparently I'm also "too under the influence of grad school" to type correctly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP