Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Suggested Reading

I'm suffering from writer's block at the moment (and suffering from a Season 2 Office marathon, in preparation for my weekend purchase of Season 4 on DVD), so I offer up the following blog posts and assorted web articles from today as suggested reading:

Reason for Perseverance
This post by a military wife equates a military move with childbirth. Despite not having experienced childbirth myself, I can only imagine that it's equally as painful as the move process I've so far experienced.

Things NOT to say to a military wife
A humorous, but terribly accurate, listing of things that those of us who have a significant other in the military get really sick of hearing. Having not even gone through a deployment yet, I can only imagine that these types of comments become even more offensive when your loved one is off doing his job.

25 Most Romantic Movies (From the last 25 years)
Lost in Translation and There's Something About Mary, but no Pride and Prejudice? Where are the other classics like The Notebook, Sleepless in Seattle, The Lake House, Love Actually, and Ever After? I include this list as reading material not so much because I agree with it, but because I find so many movies on the list offensive (seriously - Amelie? Not romantic. It barely has a discernible plot!)

Fond du Lac's Pride and Joy
Don Gorske finally admits that part of his motive for eating two Big Macs is OCD. I've never felt so proud to hail from Fondy as when it makes CNN headline news.

Easy Entertaining Idea
Wow! How fantastic is this idea from Real Simple? Take that, Martha! (I'm totally stealing this idea for a future party... if I ever have a home to host a party in again...)

Okay, peeps, hopefully that will keep you busy until I get some inspiration. Feel free to pass on any exciting readings you've stumbled upon today (or other suggestions for better romance movies that should have made EW's list).

4 comments:

Anonymous,  September 10, 2008 at 2:01 PM  

Highlight of TWP's day:

Flower girl was screaming hysterically (per usual) and in a desparate attempt to calm her, I handed her the new Target catalog....and she STOPPED crying. I think I may have shed a tear of joy, pride and consumerism. She IS my baby!

Love, TWP

Anonymous,  September 10, 2008 at 2:19 PM  

P.S. I read the military blogs and if I wasn't already worried about your sanity enough, I am now worried that something I say could break the final straw between your sanity and your stealing a navy plane and dive bombing into a chocolate plant.

Lord help us all....

NavyGirl September 10, 2008 at 2:33 PM  

Oh my god, you crack me up. As long as I have ice cream, my sanity is assured :) I'm so thrilled that little one is learning the love of Target so early in life.

Anonymous,  September 10, 2008 at 7:00 PM  

Lowlights of TWP's day:

Drove hubby and his BFF to downtown for a man's night out in what I thought was a great b-day gift for hubby as we no longer get out any more. Had to bring along baby-wwwaaayyy over-tired and attack weiner dog...for protection of course. Husband put weiner dog in back seat on way downtown before moving her to the front for my ride home.

Poor not-so-tough attack dog got carsick AAAAAALLLLL OOOOVVVEEERRRR front passenger seat of hubby's car and I was the only one around to clean it. There's not enough Febreeze in the world to make that job any less horrible............

TWP

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP