Thursday, September 25, 2008

Today by the Numbers

12 - the number of houses/condos that NavyGuy and I toured today in Anacortes.

1 - the number of rental house keys we almost lost in the car because neither of us could agree who would take responsibility and hold them in a pocket.

4 - the number of rental house keys we used to try to unlock the door to a rundown shack that after peering through the windows we decided we'd never seriously consider anyway (we never got the door open).

5 - the number of homes with lazy susan cupboards in the kitchen. Why lazy susans excite me more than a cure for cancer I do not know.

189 - the number of cabinet doors I test drove throughout the day.

1 - the number of size 4 children's rainboots that I discovered in the kitchen cupboard of a house.

2 - the number of realtors who could not remember my name after shaking my hand numerous times (not counting the realtor with whom I've exchanged several emails in the past week).

15 - the number of minutes wasted while a real estate agent attempted to figure out which condo she was supposed to be showing us.

10 - the number of minutes spent wandering the Safeway trying to locate NavyGuy after we stopped for coffee and got separated when he went looking for my special yogurt (and I wandered off to scout the donut selection).

21 - the number of minutes it takes to drive from our potential house to the Navy base one city away (which we needed to "test drive" in order to accurately assess how long it will take someone to get from home to base... or conversly, how long it will take someone else to get from home to the Dairy Queen in Oak Harbor).

16 - the number of times NavyGuy did not follow my clear, calm, perfectly worded driving directions.

10 - the number of times I made fun of NavyGuy for not being able to follow a map (when his Navy job is to essentially, navigate!)

425 - the number of different light switches we turned on and off in houses today.

28 - the number of different light switches we turned on and off in houses today that seemed to do absolutely nothing whatsoever.

9 - the number of different light switches we turned on and likely not off in houses today.

2 - the number of houses we're debating between and for which we're waiting on credit checks.

18 - the number of opinions that will likely be entertained when deciding between the two homes.

3 - the number of glasses of imaginary wine that I've downed this evening (you can't be hungover when you have more homes to see the next day).

1 - the number of season premiere episodes of The Office that are allowing me to forget all of this :)

3 comments:

NatalieW September 26, 2008 at 6:55 AM  

I just found your blog a few days ago and have really enjoyed reading it! I'm also interested in reading your blog b/c in a few months my husband and I are moving to Whidbey Island (he's also a navigator!). Can I ask why you chose Anacortes instead of Oak Harbor?

NavyGirl September 26, 2008 at 9:28 AM  

Hi there! Glad you found my little ramblings :) The short answer to your question is Anacortes is "nicer." My email is listed below, so if you'd like me to send you a longer answer, feel free to shoot me an email with your email info, and I'll be glad to share what I've learned so far about the two cities. Hope your hubby is doing well in flight training - the wings will make it all worth it!

historygirlie September 26, 2008 at 7:53 PM  

7: Times I told students to "pull up their necklines and pants" on "dress like a hip hop artist" day for homecoming

3: times I tripped over bags in my classroom

4: random bottles I found laying around the family room (I wondered wehre they all went. They were under the lazyboy and in Baby A's toys...not sure how they got there)

1 bazillion: Times I asked my 3AB class to focus focus FOCUS on their Julius Caesar timeline jumble. That class is like herding cats and monkeys into one very small cage.

Just a few numbers from back at home. Yours sound much more fun than my numbers. :)

Baby A says hello. She also said Mumma last night. I'm sure of it. She's also learning (slowly, the only way A knows how) to blow kisses....so Here's one for you! :-*

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP