Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cheers and Jeers

Cheers... for the slogan for a local chimney sweep company: "Don't Make an ASH of Yourself... Call XYZ Chimney Sweepers!"

Cheers... to Bravo TV Network for airing a day long marathon of The West Wing. Bartlett for President!

Jeers... to NBC for ever canceling that gem of a show.

Cheers... to my new hair stylist at Red Salon in downtown Anacortes who managed to cut and restyle my misshapen rats nest into something resembling a coif.

Cheers... to the Cricut company for better than expected customer service. My new Cricut dream machine arrived today, complete with free shipping to return the broken one - yea!

Jeers... Madonna and Guy Ritchie for dragging their household staff into increasingly absurd divorce proceedings.

Cheers... to the oven-fixer team that eliminated my excuse for ordering pizza.

Jeers... to the general bad economy that is causing the shortfall in the Anacortes School District budget, leading the School Board to freeze all hiring.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  October 28, 2008 at 9:30 PM  

Cheers...to anyone that can think of an appropriate Halloween costume for my office parade (and ridiculous spectacle) on Friday.

I know I'm a bit late with the readers' questions, but come on Mugs, I know your creative brain can get put to the test! (Or those of your readers, for that matter.)

ebs handler October 29, 2008 at 4:23 AM  

I've got a bee costume I could throw into the luggage.

NavyGirl October 29, 2008 at 7:26 AM  

Oooo... I would cough up a lot of money I don't have to see someone shoehorn themselves into the bee costume!!! That would make a sweet YouTube video :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP