Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Christmas Came Early This Year

I have officially rejoined the world. Our palace in Anacortes is fully wired - phone, internet, cable!!!! It's almost too much for me to take. Earlier in the evening, I was sitting on my bed, surfing the internet, watching tonight's episode of Project Runway (part 1 of the finale!), and deciding whether I could call my mom long distance on our new digital phone line (as it was 11:30pm her time, I refrained from calling). If the Comcast guy had not resembled a hobbit with scary facial hair, I might have kissed him once he announced his work was complete. I know, I know - in the grand scheme of things, living for a bit without modern conveniences like cable TV and internet access is not exactly what one would call a hardship; but, I'm sure the people in poorer countries, if they knew the joy that is a high-speed wireless connection, would be just as desperate for that amenity as they are for, you know, food and stuff. (Judge all you want, folks - I can tune you out with my 99 channels of cable goodness.)

Additionally, my evening included red wine and Cold Stone Creamery!!! (Again, judge away. Red wine has antioxidants. Ice cream has calcium. Need something rationalized? Call your local "Justifier"! For a small fee, she'll develop a reasonable argument to make you feel better about any questionable choices you make in your day.) Honestly, what more could a girl want? I knew the technology stuff was happening today, but the liquor and empty calories were just (literal) icing on the cake! I'm off to bask in the glow of my television screen - I wonder what the world record is for most hours of television watched in a row...

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP