Friday, October 3, 2008

Quick Blip

As a compliment to yesterday's entry, I feel the need to post an opposites list:

Things I've Found in Anacortes That Do NOT Make Me Happy
1. drivers - as a smaller, touristy town, everyone drives really really really slowly... (I'll give you one guess as to what this does to NavyGuy's blood pressure...).
2. the end of the weather honeymoon - it's rained and been dreary the past two days. I suspect this is the real Anacortes.
3. food prices - for a girl who grew up in the midwest breadbasket, paying $2.25 for the generic grocery store brand bread is a bit of a shock to the system (don't get me started on the ice cream that breaks the seven dollar mark).
4. strolling minstrels - yesterday alone, I saw two different people, walking along streets, playing their guitars, in the rain. Huh? Are they walking to a friend's house but instead of listening to an iPod they're playing a musical instrument? Does this give me license to walk around town busting out "Hot Cross Buns" on my recorder?

Not much else to report from this end of the world. NavyGuy and I dropped off a truckload of boxes at Goodwill, wandered the aisles of Target for a while (new purse alert!), and are heading back to the homestead soon to tackle the office. I predict many "discussions" over how to organize the space, plus some paper cuts. All in all, a pretty rockin' Friday night :)

1 comments:

historygirlie October 3, 2008 at 5:23 PM  

Oh my god, I busted out laughing at the thought of you walking the to library jamming out to your recorder. So freaking funny.

Maybe you could learn some other grooving tunes on the instrument, like "Michael Row Your Boat Ashore" or maybe even a rocking version of Twinkle Twinkle? KumBayYa? That would be awesome.

WSe got Abby's package today in teh mail! we were very excited....she's opening it tomorrow at her party! I'll be sure to send you pictures!

Good luck with the organizing....better you than me....that's too much like cleaning for me :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP