Thursday, October 16, 2008

Halloween Cards

The lack of posting yesterday can now be explained - I was living life instead of ranting about it! (I'll save the oven rant for later.) As I noticed on my small Google calendar, Halloween is rapidly approaching, and if I don't finish this card project, I'll have to either send the cards late, or save them until next year (which I'm not above doing, I'd just be really irritated).

Here's a 4 card collection I made with primarily scraps and supplies I already had (I consider it a "collection" because each card shares colors, patterns, styles, or features of another card in the group).


The papers are a Target dollar-spot find. The trees are a punch I got half off at Michael's this year (I punched one tree out of the black paper then made double use of the scraps for a tree outline for a second card.) The stamps are all part of a set I bought last year, and the polka dot ribbon is left over from Sister's rehearsal dinner invites! I also used these nifty shiny gel markers that Mom got me from Archivers (a "you got accepted to grad school" gift), that look wet even after they're dry. Each card is 5 1/2 x 4 so they'll fit regular white envelopes I already have.

More inspiration - this began a plain white card. I added patterned paper on the inside of the card, then traced a roll of masking tape on the upper right side corn to create a half-circle cutout so you could see the cool paper inside (I'll just write the message on the back of the front). The front is covered in purple paper, and the "frame" looking thing towards the top is actually chipboard (again, Target dollar spot rocks). I covered the chipboard with the same Halloween paper from inside the card because the chipboard was originally baby themed or something. Throw a couple more scraps on top, stamp a witch's hat and greeting and you're good to go!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP