Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Reader Questions Answered

Well, because of low turnout (seriously - I hope you people show more initiative when it comes time to vote for President!), I'm going to answer all of the questions submitted.

Q. From a stressed educator: "Could you come and finish my p/t conferences tonight so I can go to dance? And pack? And vacuum? And do laundry? Etc., etc., etc."

A. No. But well played guilt-trip, well played. Might I suggest the following? Leave a note at your classroom door indicating you're out due to some sort of contagious rash causing disease, plan a packing list in your head while you tap dance, and screw the vacuuming. Oh laundry. Hmm... ah ha! Febreeze.

Q. Do you watch How I Met Your Mother?

A. Not yet, but obviously based on the glowing recommendations I've received from several reliable sources, I'm going to have to start! Hopefully, it will fall in a timeslot that isn't already occupied in the TiVo. At the moment, I have 8:00pm Monday or 4:15am Friday available :)

Q. How's it going not working full-time? Do you miss the high school kids?

A. When they write the biography of my life, I'm going to plead with them to leave out my decision to quit my full-time (amazing benefits) dream job during the return of the Great Depression - it will not reflect well on my intelligence. To be frank though, I love not working. Who wouldn't? Can I tell you what I did yesterday without anyone sending death threats? A majority of the day was spent watching The West Wing marathon on Bravo, broken up by a) a haircut, b) a nap, and c) a walk to the mailbox. Yeah. Anyone that tells you they'd be bored if they didn't have a job to go to everyday, just doesn't know how to entertain themselves. However, I do actually miss those crazy teenagers (except when I see smashed pumpkins in the street and remember how stupid some adolescents are), and I do miss a steady income.

Q. What are you going to do if Marine 1 doesn't have the office cleaned up soon?

A. I cannot reveal the exact details of my plan, but I will share that it involves duct tape, electrodes, a baseball bat, and cheese whiz. That office WILL be unpacked and WILL be organized soon...

4 comments:

historygirlie October 28, 2008 at 9:08 AM  

Oh my goodness, Mumma tap dances??? That's awesome. I so want to be in on the plan that involves both electrodes and cheez whiz.

Day 1 of WKCE is in the books. Huzzah. I got alot of the putz work of christmas cards done.

Anonymous,  October 28, 2008 at 9:10 AM  

Brother-in-law is one of the reliable sources for How I Met Your Mother...he actually just pounded through 4 episodes of Season 3 last night before going to bed.

Princess of Ales October 28, 2008 at 2:03 PM  

We are also big fans of How I Met Your Mother. Last night was the repeat episode where James Van der Beek cameos as a washed up Canadian punk rocker, big vowels and all, eh.

Actually, we strongly recommend the whole CBS Monday Night lineup: Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, and How I Met Your Mother. The new additions can be skipped entirely: Gary Unmarried and Worst Week.

ebs handler October 29, 2008 at 4:18 AM  

Survived the marathon Tuesday with only one ornery parent (but she and the divorced husband sat together and actually spoke to each other) so I gave the experience an 8! And anyone able to do so, VOTE EARLY! Yay, I'm done and won't be standing in those ridiculously long lines Tuesday. If only the poll workers would share their dessert table, it wouldn't be half bad.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP