Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lazy Sunday

The rain has come down for the fourth day in a row. I now understand the phrase "stir-crazy."


NavyGuy and I tested out our new griddle this morning and made pancakes. We tried to make breakfast with our old griddle (a hand-me-down from his parents) several months ago, and when the Teflon started to come off the griddle and mix with the Bisquick, we knew it was time to invest in a new one. Luckily, we got a griddle from his grandma at the bridal shower, and now we're back in the hotcake business - there are simply no pancakes like griddle pancakes! The griddle spreads out the heat so each pancake browns evenly, and they are simply delicious.

Instead of spending the day moping inside while it rained, we road tripped to Bellingham (about 45 minutes north) to check out a scrapbooking store. PaperZone is my new crack supplier; two ink pads, a couple sheets of lace cardstock, four clearance rolls of ribbon, and a pack of 50 envelopes later, and NavyGuy has now banned me from going to the store without supervision. Barnes and Noble next, where we kept losing each other around the store, until finally we found each other next to the end cap of The Watchmen paperbacks (his original purpose for going in the store that until that point he hadn't been able to find), and we took that as a sign it was time to go. One lap around the Bellis Fair mall (fair to middling), a run through the Dairy Queen drive-thru (Blizzards never disappoint), and home again home again, to watch it keep raining.

Now we're commentating on the Golden Globes. My thoughts so far?
1. I'm glad Sister and Bro-in-Law got us John Adams for Christmas, cuz by the number of awards it's getting, it must be good.
2. Tom Hanks needs to drink less at these events.
3. Renee Zellwegger and JLo need new stylists.
4. If they're going to insist on doing interviews with the stars on the red carpet, then for god's sake, don't try to do them right in front of the SCREAMING throngs of SCREAMING fans. It's uncomfortable enough to watch the interviews when the stars can hear the questions, but when they're just making up answers based on their minimal lip-reading talents, it's unbearable.
5. I would like to say here and now, that I watched 30 Rock before it was cool, and before Tina Fey was the most popular woman in America. If you're still not watching it, start damnit!
6. When I come back in my next life, I want to look like Kate Winslet.

Yes! 30 Rock just won best comedy! (Okay, fine, they won the award like three hours ago, but off in the far-away land that is the West Coast, we're just getting the news... don't get me started. Wait, I've started! How is it that the Globes are live in Hollywood, the same time zone I'm currently in, and yet the Globes weren't on TV here until 8:00 at night!?!?!? Whew, okay, sorry. Just had to get that off my chest.)

Here's hoping Monday is less lazy (and less rainy!).

3 comments:

ebs handler January 12, 2009 at 4:14 AM  

Any time you'd like to email lesson plans on a lazy, rainy Sunday, feel free!

keby January 12, 2009 at 5:34 AM  

You're going to LOVE John Adams! It's fantastic.

Anonymous,  January 12, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

I must borrow John Adams when you come here for scrap fest. I just read a great book on Abigail Adams that I'll swap you for.

My two cents on the awards: What was up with EVERYONE'S hair looking awful?!?!? Ben thinks the gays are on strike b/c of the marriage ban in California....I don't blame them.

TWP

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP